Tuluki Roles Open

Started by helix, October 29, 2007, 11:04:44 AM

Two Tuluki roles open!

These roles offer a wide range of rp - with people who are generally on 5-6 days a week, same time of day (5pm EST-10 or 11pm EST). Willingness to risk death, dismemberment, torture and all around "bad things" a  must. (And if you cry at the sight of text-based blood, you might want to apply elsewhere.)

Prefs: Experienced rp'ers. These roles will be tough. But if you survive, it'll be awesome. A familiarity with both northern and southern political structures a plus.

Reqs: Must be totally mundane guilds. Even magickal sympathy will get you killed without a second thought.

PM me with character concepts (note that you don't have to be a Tuluki citizen for this), but I'm sorry to say I can't expand on this too much more. I have some background developed but would be very flexible. Very IC sensitive goings on.

Helix is a solid roleplayer, btw, for those of you that are not familiar.
Quote from: ShalooonshTuluk: More Subtly Hot. If you can't find action in Tuluk, you're from Allanak.
Quote from: Southie"In His Radiance" -> I am a traitor / I've been playing too much in Tuluk recently.

Just play in Tuluk.  Awesome RPT impending.

Bump.
Tuluk could use some more players.

>drop pants
You do not have that item.

I was thinking about playing there, but I have only had two characters there.

What would you suggest for a warrior type that doesn't like fighting and life commitments?
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

T'zai Byn, Salarr, Kadius, Lyksae, or an indie hunter, raider, or bardic explorer?

Well. What kind of roles is Tuluk missing at the point? I mean, really need, don't tell me anything.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

Tuluk could use some of everything. 67 players online and you can't find another within the entire city, having looked several times.

>drop pants
You do not have that item.

Sneakies.
Quote from: manonfire on November 04, 2013, 08:11:36 AM
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

I find Tuluk and Allank's playerbase shifts depending on where the most clans are at the time being. That's probably just because there's quite a few active clans around these days.  :)

Tuluk's PC base is not particularly lopsided. Play whatever you want. And as to dead? No, it's still doing fairly well, I generally see a dozen PCs or so kicking around on peak.

Quote from: Yokunama on December 11, 2007, 01:09:16 AM
Tuluk could use some of everything. 67 players online and you can't find another within the entire city, having looked several times.

To be fair, a lot of things happen in Tuluk outside of the taverns. Its not like in 'Nak, where you can sit in the Barrel and learn everything that's going on in the city. In Tuluk, you really need to play a character that people are going to trust to bring into their circle. That's often the first mistake that I see players unfamiliar with Tuluk make. The second mistake I see is people who make a character that is too standoffish to the upper classes - Chosen and Faithful are meant to be very approachable in Tuluk, and all the ones IG currently are AWESOME at involving players, as long as they don't fall so far outside of the norms that its impossible to employ them.

December 11, 2007, 03:41:34 PM #12 Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 03:46:12 PM by Olafson
Sorry, I'm not buying into this argument that Tuluk is a ghost town.  Even the taverns have not been scarce.  Lots of fun and lots more to come.  The same can be said about any of the places.

***DERAIL***
On a side note, my philosophy of creating characters is not to create a character in the same place as my last character.  I'll flip from Allanak to Tuluk usually, maybe a Luir's charcter or a Storm character every so often, and a rinth character even more often.  I generally do this for certain reasons.

1)  Allows my characters to develop on their own without influences from my previous characters.

2)  Eases the pain of death, all the lost friendships and such.
     - how many times do you see a new character and you think you can guess who this character is because you know such and such just died    and they are trying to get back within that circle of friends

3)  Less IC knowledge of events happening around.

4)  More appreciation of those long lived players when your new character eventually comes to the other place and you as the player recognize older characters.

Take it from a player who has been around since 1993, play everywhere.

I can't tell you whether or not we need sneakies, since hopefully they are unnoticeable in the first place...

Tuluk isn't that empty.  It can be hard to find players in the taverns, even the hotspots, some nights.  Some nights I enter a tavern to see 2-6 other PCs, and sometimes I can't find PCs even during the peak.  I recommend trying a char, getting into it (fighting some boring parts if you're like me and you need interaction), and then making connections and find out where they are hiding.  Like someone said before, there are a lot of places for Tulukis to hide that aren't the main taverns, particularly barracks, estates, lesser known taverns, gardens, and apartments.

I agree that the leadership roles are really rocking it right now.  And you don't have to be afraid to approach them, not even the semi-leadership roles.  Within constraints to the game, they try to be nice to newbies, too.

Quote from: helix on December 11, 2007, 01:04:36 PM
To be fair, a lot of things happen in Tuluk outside of the taverns. Its not like in 'Nak, where you can sit in the Barrel and learn everything that's going on in the city.

That... really doesn't work in Allanak either. Especially lately.
QuoteThe shopkeeper says, in sirihish:
     "I am closed, come back at dawn."

You say to the shopkeeper, in sirihish:
     "YOU ^*%$*% WORTHLESS SHIT."

You say, in sirihish:
      "Ahem."