Zalanthan Temperatures

Started by , April 08, 2003, 10:16:51 PM

My recent character has been acting very weather savvy. Having money out the wazoo he can afford to carry a canteen of water for the purpose of wetting a cloth to apply to his brow when 'extremely hot' as per the weather command. But... Im wondering from an OOC standpoint. How hot would the desert be? Or the Northlands? Or the Forests? Or the Badlands.

Or is there really no comparison? That it would be so hot that any earthling would die the moment of exposure to the scorching air.

Any information would be great.

The one source that I could think of was the other stuff page.

Quote from: "[url=http://www.armageddon.org/general/misc.html#weatherother stuff[/url]"] The wind itself can blow hot winds from the Salt Flats across the earth, raising the temperatures in cities such as Allanak to well above one hundred forty degrees.
Quote from: tapas on December 04, 2017, 01:47:50 AM
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.

140 C0???
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

Ahh.. Sorry I accidentally push 'submit' instead of 'preview'in last message... And it's... Damn it's still too hot. Now I don't think it's OK to MUDsex. It's too hot to touch another burning body and let your body temperature rise. I'll go on playing the eunuch. :)
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

140 celcius would explain why there is no water, it all boiled away 40 degrees ago.   :wink:

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Has Phoenix ever hit an official 140 degree day? Not just one of those, "It feels like" things.

Check this out:

http://www.extremescience.com/hottest.htm

They assert that El Azizia, Lybia is the hottest place on earth, and it's record high temperature is 136 (degrees Fahrenheit), while Death Valley comes in a close second, with a hottest recorded temperature every of 130 (degrees Fahrenheit).

Neat, huh?  :)

For people who don't use Fahrenheit, 140 degrees F is 60 degrees C, according to one temperature converter I found on-line. Pretty hot.

Swordsman

Quote from: "krelin"They assert that El Azizia, Lybia is the hottest place on earth, and it's record high temperature is 136 (degrees Fahrenheit), while Death Valley comes in a close second, with a hottest recorded temperature every of 130 (degrees Fahrenheit).
Are you kidding?  That's like saying, uh, there are WMDs in Iraq!  We never recognized the reading in Libya as official:  Death Valley, CA, USA holds the world's record for hottest temperature: 134°F (7/10/13). The National Geographic Society also recorded a temperature of 136.4°F at Al' Aziziyah Libya (7/13/22) but it was not officially recognized. Other very Hot places: Algeria, Iraq and Libya.
quote="CRW"]i very nearly crapped my pants today very far from my house in someone else's vehicle, what a day[/quote]