The Evil lag?

Started by , April 08, 2003, 05:21:53 PM

Has anyone else been especially lagged these last few days? Any idea why or if it will go away?

Quote from: "Dead Newbie"Has anyone else been especially lagged these last few days?
Yes, horribly so since Saturday night.  Periodic bursts, thankfully.
quote="CRW"]i very nearly crapped my pants today very far from my house in someone else's vehicle, what a day[/quote]

Me, too... since Saturday, the evil lag's going on.
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

Same w/me, and 3 others that I know of who reported the same.
---------------------------------
The Artist Formerly Known as Breg

Quite a few people have commented on it in IRC. Could it be some code that was implemented during the downtime?
Quote from: tapas on December 04, 2017, 01:47:50 AM
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.

New lag code?  Yah!  At first I thought it was an added movement lag, to make movement more "realistic" but then I noticed it seemed to affect everything.  Oh, the agony!

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

I'm lagging, too.  I have been ever since Saturday, but it was really bad once, when I kept lagging out in a rather intense, life-or-death scene.. was hard to keep up the mood. Heh.

Quote from: "Delirium"I'm lagging, too.  I have been ever since Saturday, but it was really bad once, when I kept lagging out in a rather intense, life-or-death scene.. was hard to keep up the mood. Heh.
yes i have been lagging too anyone got an idea why we are lagging?

Because I cast the spell "Lag" on the whole world....Muahahahahahaha :evil:

My lags the same it has always been, pretty much.

I get no lag at all while walking around civilized areas such as Allanak, Liurs and Tuluk. When I leave though, I get bogged down with about ten seconds lag time on average and the lags sticks around until I'm back into the civilized areas again.

Only difference I've noticed lately is that my login screen is lagged to all hell.
quote="Teleri"]I would highly reccomend some Russian mail-order bride thing.  I've looked it over, and it seems good.[/quote]

The lag disappeared I think... did it?
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

It is generally a common misperception to think that the lag isn't your computer, so therefore it must be the server.  The Internet is not the Autobahn that only goes from your computer to every server you connect to - it's more like downtown New York during rush hour.  There can be anywhere from ten to twenty six server/router machines relaying your IP packets between your computer and Arm, depending on your network.  If any one of those connections suddenly experiences a traffic jam due to a DDoS attack, burst traffic, or anything else, then you will see lag.

The IMMs have said that Ginka generally runs well below 100% CPU utilization.  Unless the IMMs have debug code running and have added some new code demanding a lot of cycles, I doubt Ginka would suddenly see 100% saturation and thus, you see lag.

Then again, nothing is certain until IMMs tell you what's up.

I know how the internet works. I did some pings on the server. The return time was the same as it always was for me. Yet I was getting 10 second lag when moving from one room to the other. It was no burst of lag. It was consistently horribly lagged for days. Traceroute did not show any trouble either. It was only after I checked all of these things that I posted, thinking that the remaining thing that I could not check was the game machine itself(or software within).