Pour/Dump command for non-drink containers.

Started by , April 06, 2003, 05:39:40 PM

I thought of a great idea for containers that Ive seen elsewhere in some form, but never really implemented here. And thats the ability to pour, or dump out containers onto the floor, or into another container. Like say I have a box of 20 loaves of bread that I want to pile on a table before someone. You know boring it is to like 'get.all box' repeatedly, or take them individually? It would be so much nicer to just:

pour box out (then a action emote) atop the table
the room would see...
The tall muscular man pours the contents of a box out, atop the table.

I think thatd be great... and then the next for to containers.

like:
pour pouch into pack
Your pour the contents a small pouch into a bone-studded pack.

Anyways, thats all.

I like the idea of being able to pour out, but not in.

This ranks right up there with 'get all corpse'... I lobby all the time to get that removed from the game.  How quickly can you run into a room, rip the clothes off a body, and run out?  Would you believe players do it in less than 2 seconds?  I hate that command.

Anyhow, I do like the idea of being able to "dump" an object's contents onto the floor or whatnot.  *nods*  That's all I have to add.
Quote from: DeliriumA hunched shinigami prowls around here, gnashing its teeth.

I'd like to see "pour wineglass shirt" turn shirt into "a stained, creamy linen shirt" :)
quote="CRW"]i very nearly crapped my pants today very far from my house in someone else's vehicle, what a day[/quote]

Well maybe they could make it not apply to certain things, but if I had a bag of rocks I wanted to pour into a crate or something, Id want to pour the entire bag into the crate at once.... yeah.

Oh yeah, and on your wine things, liquids should have their own flag...
like a wet linen shirt, if you just got in from a rainstorm (hehehe)...

Sorry, my post list only goes back to the beginning of March. :(

Its still a relevant question to bring up though. How hard would this be to code? Because really, ICly it looks stupid when someone stands there for ten minutes trying to empty a full pack into a crate.
A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.  Zalanthas is Armageddon.

Oh, if you didn't figure it out, I'm for this. I think the empty code would be useful, and stop odd stuff... If there is a check that the bag your emptying into is larger then the bag your emptying.

I think for the most part, there is no reason you can't do this. Although at times it might bring attention to yourself. Like in real life if you tuck a pocket from your coat into your bag to empty it out or something, people might be alittle suspicious, but I think there should be ways to allow people to do this sort of thing.

Creeper
21sters Unite!