Author Topic: Newbies and linkdead and afk  (Read 1470 times)

Newbies and linkdead and afk
« on: April 02, 2003, 04:52:39 PM »
Listen up newbies. When you bother your leaders to take you outside and the minute they do so, you go afk or linkdead. That is annoying.

In general newbies when you are outside you are in imminent danger of being killed. You may not give a shit about your 5 hour characters, but other people might care about their 100 day characters.

It stops or pretty much fucks up whatever was going to be done on the mission. If you know your going to have to go afk or linkdead do not go out or at least let the leader know when it is going to happen if you can.

What I hate about it so much is that it makes it hard for me to save your linkead afk asses! It is IC for me to save the people with me but it is pissing me off to have to do it for OOC reasons.

I swear I am on the verge of killing afk and linkdead newbies under my command myself.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lazloth

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2003, 05:00:04 PM »
The brown acid is bad! Don't take the brown acid!
quote="CRW"]i very nearly crapped my pants today very far from my house in someone else's vehicle, what a day[/quote]

Dakkon Black

• Amazonia Reforestation Project
Ohh how it seems so true
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2003, 06:20:34 PM »
stupid newb says " Hey can we go into the deadly wastland? I heard it was sandy!"

10 min later

Leader says " This is as far as we go, that way if we see danger we can run back.

stupid newb quits following you

stupid newb says ooc "Gone afk a sec, got a new britney CD  :lol: "

A silt horror has arrived from the east.

Leader says "krath"  :x
A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.  Zalanthas is Armageddon.

Angela Christine

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2003, 06:33:05 PM »
The only advice I have is that if you are taking newbies out, have them use the follow code before you leave the gates.  Then if they go link dead you can haul their sorry asses back to town and unhitch them, leaving them standing in the middle of the street like a moron.  If they stop following they deserve what they get.   :twisted:  I wouldn't kill them myself, but if something else kills them then it is their own fault.  Feel free to steal their sweet newbie gear.

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

crymerci

Re: Newbies and linkdead and afk
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2003, 07:15:42 PM »
Quote from: "Dead Newbie"
Listen up newbies. When you bother your leaders to take you outside and the minute they do so, you go afk or linkdead. That is annoying.
It stops or pretty much fucks up whatever was going to be done on the mission.

Hey, everyone has link problems from time to time, and everyone has to pee eventually. Sucks that real life interferes with your roleplaying, and of course I don't know the specifics of your situation, but I would say to cut some slack the first time, and explain ICly and OOCly the need for attention when outside the gates. You might even consider giving your explanations during the trip preparations, so if someone needs to go have a smoke or piss, they can do it before you leave the gates.

It may have happened to you with a handful of newbies, but it may be a legitimate problem with something on their end, a bad link or their kid just ate the hamster or something. I'd say deal with it ICly as much as possible, for the first infraction. So, berate them for not paying attention, take them back to the city, and let them know they're going to have to prove themselves before they can go back out again.

Quote from: "Dead Newbie"
I swear I am on the verge of killing afk and linkdead newbies under my command myself.

Yeah, I think that would be acceptable for repeat offenders. Repeated lack of attention to important tasks, and endangering a mission, after having been cautioned about that very thing. Sounds like IC justification for their death (or at least dismissal or banishment) to me.
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.