Arm natural disasters

Started by amish overlord, July 18, 2007, 01:16:57 AM

I was just think about volcanos since have class on natural disasters and was thinking, heck never seen a volcano in arm to my knowledge and started thinking about other natural disasters.

Remember there being a silt tsunami wiping out red storm at one point and red storm being rebuilt and not mentioned in history webpage. Swore was due to deep impact event of some kind in sea of silt. Anyone remember?

Anyone else remember any cool natural/unnatural disasters? Known been earthquakes, bad fires, maybe rockslides.

Amish Overlord  8)
i hao I am a sid and karma farmer! Send PM for details!

The lightening storms and tornadoes that plagued Nak for a while....I dont think they were "natural"...gicker driven actually, but just the same, a natural disaster that came through unnatural means.
'm in ur unit, molestin ur mount.

Byn, because you care.

Quote from: "DesertChoad"The lightening storms and tornadoes that plagued Nak for a while....I dont think they were "natural"...gicker driven actually, but just the same, a natural disaster that came through unnatural means.

I would say that really any kind of natural disaster would be considered driven by a gicker or other causes. Kind of like how before modern weather technology most people blamed natural disasters on their respective diety as a punishment(some still do).

Maybe Steinal was just destroyed by a random earthquake and Tek was just slick enough to convince people he did it.
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

Tek is rather slick.
Quote from: H. L.  MenckenEvery normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

I remember this one time Tek and I did this thing with that dude and his pet monkey and then there was that bartender who said that stuff...Yeah, Tek is cool.
'm in ur unit, molestin ur mount.

Byn, because you care.

Quote from: "Help Zalanthas"Scholars are fairly certain that Zalanthas was not always like this, but was once a lush, beautiful world that supported life in abundance. The exact history of the world is not known, but what is known is that long ago, there was an enormous empire called the Empire of Man. It is believed that this empire collapsed when a being known as the Dragon visited the world, causing chaos and disrupting the world in many ways.

>drop pants
You do not have that item.

Silt sea impact.  I remember that myself, was a way long time back.  I believe a meteor hit the silt sea sending out a massive silt wave that trapped players in Storm.  I believe I even saw a small bit of meteor.

We used an in-game earthquake to explain the removal of Mal Krian, which vanished into an immense, sandy pit.  

At the same I had been working on a revamp of Allanak, which had some issues in terms of lay-out and lack of space for expansion. I also wanted to bring the quality level up a notch. It was built in a separate zone, and had descriptions of the earthwuake's aftermath built in.  At the time of the event, we did a lot of zone-wide echoes across the world, and in Allanak, we put one-way exits from the inns and bars in the old version into the streets of the new version. As expected, people online in those places immediately rushed out into the streets of the new zone. It was the same layout and basic buildings of the cities but larger in some places, and more elaborate in others, and so the effect was very disorienting for the speed walkers, heh.