Subduing in groups.

Started by , March 23, 2003, 12:51:38 AM

Just an idea I had. You and your two buddies all try and subdue so and so. One tries for arms and a leg each for the other two.

Implementation? Hmm. Perhaps a _GOALONGWITHMYLEADER_ flag. So that when he tries this or other things you also try and assist him.

Just something I thought might be useful. If someone leaves or does anything, much like the lifting code then they stop subdueing so and so.

Up to say four people and after that you start getting loss of chance for too many people.
Even with two, have a chance that they bash into each other and fall down, then target is free to snatch weapon and run away haha.

Just something I thought would be interesting. At least interesting enough to post about.

Its an interesting idea, but code that makes you automatically do something when another player does it deviates from the intent of the game, in my mind.

If you are trying to come up with code that would allow some humans to group subdue a mul then I think that's a good idea, but the subduing shouldn't automatically happen when one person types a command.  Everyone should have to type groupsubdue or whatever the command is
after the leader has told them to.

CRW wrote
Its an interesting idea, but code that makes you automatically do something when
                  another player does it deviates from the intent of the game, in my mind.

What about follow? I mean I know I wouldn't jump off the shield wall but whoever is the leader can make it so. You could turn off the flag and decide not to do it also.

This way I think would be easier to implement than your idea of the groupsubdue, where everyone has to type it in. Perhaps you could clarify exactly how that way would work.[/b]

I could see it working better if subdue was a processed thing like crafting.

subude mul
You attempt to subdue a mul.
a few seconds pass
You fail to subdue a mul.

That way in the few seconds time other people can join in to do a joint
submission, kinda like when more then one person are carrying a heavy
burden, at least thats how it would look in movement and what not, should
both of you succeed.

Thats a good idea Jenrel. Tho only the quick people who pay attention will help ;)

In my head I see this working how it works when you try and pick up a half-giant body: i.e. you lift with all your might but the body only rises halfway off the ground.

For subdue this could potentially work like, the one-eyed leader guy subdues the vericose-veined mull but only gets a loose hold on him.  -  Then you can subdue him as well and 'help'.  From the mul's standpoint, being 'partially' subdued is just like a normal subdue- but is extremely easy to break out of, even an elf could easily break out of a 'half hold.'
hang is actually...