Music triggered by event?

Started by Tulana, April 07, 2007, 12:59:10 PM

Hasn't anyone ever wanted their mud client to play random mp3s triggered by events/locations? I'd love to be able to hear Orbital's Desert Storm upon entering the wilderness of Zalanthas, for example. Why hasn't anything like this been invented yet?

:?:

You can do this in ZMud, rather easily.

On another MUD, I had a whole slew of sounds that would trigger on certain events:

For example:

-Whenever I lit a torch, I had a .wav of the Firebat from Starcraft saying "Need a light?"

-Whenever I failed a craft, I had a .wav of Homer saying "D'oh!"

-Whenever I caught someone sneaking in or out of the room, I had a .wav of some "tiptoe-sneaking" xylophone music.

-Whenever something dangerous entered the room, I had a .wav of the robot from Lost in Space saying "Danger Will Robinson, danger!"

...and on and on.  The sound triggers are super easy to whip up.  Unfortunately, I only use GMud for Armageddon, because all the bells and whistles on ZMud are too distracting.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

A while ago i was experimenting with a sound effect scheme for combat, where misses would sound like empty-aired strikes and hits would sound appropriate to the weapon. I also had a trigger for knocking, unlocking doors, and opening doors. It was neat...

...until I forgot about it after about 3 months of a break from arm, had my headphones on after my album had finished...all quiet...logged into arm...opened a door...and -- CCCREEEAAAAAK!!! -- shat myself.

Heheheh, I can just imagine when i start a fight

all of a sudden...

"SMACK MY BITCH UP!!!"  By prodigy comes on.

That shit gets u PUMPED before a fight.

Edited to add: Either that or some Cannibal Corpse before you throw yourself into a mosh pit.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

I have audible cues for when I am disarmed or knocked over, and a few others. But usually when I Arm I have a steady stream of music playing anyway.
Quote from: fourTwenty on June 11, 2007, 08:08:00 PM
Quote from: Rievroleplay damn well(I assume Kazi and fourTwenty are completely different from each other)

Did you just call one of us a dick?

Found some great arma music. I'm currently seeding, and will be for the rest of the evening.

If you're torrent-savvy, I urge you to check it out.

http://www.torrentbox.com/torrent_details?id=99406

I don't use Zmud :( Any other clients that support this feature?