Put arrow backpack

Started by jmordetsky, March 23, 2007, 03:01:57 AM

The now:

>put arrow belt
A leather pouched belt seems to be closed.

> think damn it.

>open belt

>put arrow belt

It would be nice:

>put arrow belt
Opening your leather pouched belt, you place a grey, fletched super arrow into your it.

> close belt

> think It's the little things.
If you gaze for long enough into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

www.j03m.com

Yes.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

No.

My pick pockets survive on the time it takes to open sack/close sack. Sorry.

Have it lag a short amount of time if the container is closed to begin with, thus allowing pickpockets to do their thing, spam put-gets when necessary, and still saving time and wrist integrity.
There is no general doctrine which is not capable of eating out our morality if unchecked by the deep-seated habit of direct fellow-feeling with individual fellow-men. -George Eliot

Quote from: "Yang"No.

My pick pockets survive on the time it takes to open sack/close sack. Sorry.

It really wouldn't take that much time away from you. Your pick pocket will be just fine Yangy.

www.j03m.com

Quote from: "Tisiphone"Have it lag a short amount of time if the container is closed to begin with, thus allowing pickpockets to do their thing, spam put-gets when necessary, and still saving time and wrist integrity.

Reasonable.

www.j03m.com

Or just have the command auto-open the container, but not auto-close it. Auto-close would be really annoying anyway, if you need to put away 3 or 5 or 15 things.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

Well, if your pick pockets rely on stealing from a container while someone putting stuff away and such ... That's alittle wierd(I agree there is problems there such as not being able to steal from them at all with this sort of thing but that's addressing a different issue.)

As for what's proposed ... Your lazy. Get over it.
21sters Unite!

Quote from: "Gimfalisette"Or just have the command auto-open the container, but not auto-close it. Auto-close would be really annoying anyway, if you need to put away 3 or 5 or 15 things.

Yes!
Quote from: fourTwenty on June 11, 2007, 08:08:00 PM
Quote from: Rievroleplay damn well(I assume Kazi and fourTwenty are completely different from each other)

Did you just call one of us a dick?

Decrease the delay on steal or allow automation for that too...
> steal from man pouch
You approach the man, keeping an eye on his pouch.

The man opens his pouch, reaching inside.
You approach the man and reach for his pouch's contents

You steal 13 coins.

...and I'd be all behind this.

Just in case that you didn't understand what I've said so far...I'd rather not have this function.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Quote from: "fourTwenty"
Quote from: "Gimfalisette"Or just have the command auto-open the container, but not auto-close it. Auto-close would be really annoying anyway, if you need to put away 3 or 5 or 15 things.

Yes!

Yup. I didn't put an autoclose in there. Note the command for close needs to be entered. Also, a little delay for the pickpockets would make it all around n3at0.

www.j03m.com

I'm completely against hardcoding a "pickpocket window" into opening and closing containers. Why not just force everyone to walk around with their pouches open all the time.

Heck, we could just make it a custom in Arm 2.0. where whenever someone sits down at the bar, they have to put all their money on it in case a pickpocket is in the area.

If we're going to have a pickpocket window I want a way to guard my containers FROM pickpockets, like pulling my pack onto my lap or actually watching my pouch when I'm taking something from it.
Brevity is the soul of wit." -Shakespeare

"Omit needless words." -Strunk and White.

"Simplify, simplify." Thoreau

Yes, how dare they suggest throwing the thieves a bone. Everyone knows that if a container is closed, be it threadbare pouch or cast iron backpack, then it means that the laws of physics prevent a stranger's hand from coming into contact with the object. Realism must prevail. Can't have such nuisances interfering with our play, those buggers have it easy enough as it is.
omorrow is cancelled due to lack of interest.

This is totally cool.

As long as pickpockets can open containers.
esperas: I wouldn't have gotten over the most-Arm-players-are-assholes viewpoint if I didn't get the chance to meet any.

Cegar:   most Arm players are assholes.
   Ethean:   Most arm players are assholes.
     [edited]:   most arm players are assholes