A request for the History Page to be updated slightly

Started by John, March 13, 2003, 01:55:57 AM

If I remember correctly, Tuluk was kept seperate from the public for quite a few years as it was rebuilt. Then I remember a few months ago it was announced somewhere that Tuluk was opened to the public.

I often find myself wondering how many years ago that occured, and IMO that'd be something worth mentioning on the History Page as most people ICly would know when it happened.

Thankyou :)

Quote from: "John"If I remember correctly, Tuluk was kept seperate from the public for quite a few years as it was rebuilt. Then I remember a few months ago it was announced somewhere that Tuluk was opened to the public.

I'm not sure what you mean by that.  I think what you are referring to is the imms keeping the rebuilt Tuluk non-connected to the game world until the time was right.  Tuluk has been and is being built up continuously, and has been done around the populace the entire time.
iva La Resistance!
<Miee> The Helper Death Commando is right.

i think he means that he wants to know around what Time the new tuluk area came into the world... i.e. when the major reconstruction finished.
it was sometime after the war.... but see, no one can recall exact dates.

Yeah. I meant when was Tuluk connected to the world (I know it's still being constructed).

I thought ICly no-one was allowed into Tuluk until it became connected to the world. Is that right?

Quote from: "John"Yeah. I meant when was Tuluk connected to the world (I know it's still being constructed).

I thought ICly no-one was allowed into Tuluk until it became connected to the world. Is that right?

I'm not sure quite what you mean by "no one was allowed into Tuluk."  The current city has been built within the Scaien Walls on the western side of the ruins.  It was built on top of the fields and surrounding villaged that existed, in both a hard-coded nature such as Freil's Rest and a virtual nature.  The land that it now occupies was land that was traversed by anyone that lived in that region.  Thus, in an IC sense Tuluk was never "disconnected" from the world.  The only "connection" that was made to link it to the world was from an OOC perspective and thus wouldn't really have a place being listed on the historical timeline.

On the other hand, are you by chance referring to the ruins of the Old City?
ssues are issues.  People are people.  Issues should be addressed, people should be loved. - John W. Frye

Aaah. Thanks a lot for that Laeris you helped clear up some confusion I had with the city being "disconnected". I thought the city (as in the main bulk of it not Freils' Rest or the Vineyard) had been cut off ICly from everyone until it was built enough for people to inhabit it.

Thankyou :)

Was it that damned wall that's giving you trouble, John?  For a few weeks there was a wall with two gates running just south of the north road in Tuluk.  The gates were usually closed, so if you wanted to visit the Vineyard (which at the time was where the bank and mount seller were) you had to leave the city and walk through the forest, it wasn't too bad if you had a mount but on foot it could be a little nerve-wracking.  Then one day the wall was gone, and the new commoner's quarter "appeared" along with the Red Sun Commons, Templar's and Noble's quarters.  It could be interpreted that the construction was going on behind that wall.  But I think that at the time the wall was just keeping people out of the temporary noble's quarter.

I prefer to pretend that the wall-weeks never happened.   :)

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins