Idea: Sound Echos

Started by Fedaykin, March 06, 2003, 09:59:55 AM

I was thinking the other day that it would be neat if certain areas in the game allowed for an echo effect.  For instance, if you're in a narrow canyon or in a cave, your voice would be able to echo into surrounding rooms, or farther depending on the area, allowing people to hear you, and you to hear yourself without the use of the listen command.

After all, there are areas in game where various movements and actions in other rooms can be seen without the use of any special commands.  Why not sounds?

Perhaps in certain areas it would be less an "echo" and more of a voice carrying effect.  Like if you were atop a canyon wall and the people below were speaking, or perhaps you were hanging out on top of "the span" and their are people below you chattering away all or perhaps just part of their conversation would carry to your room.

Personally, I think it would be neat if in certain places you could spy/eavesdrop on people accidentally or intentionally, no matter what your class .

Thoughts/feedback?
iva La Resistance!
<Miee> The Helper Death Commando is right.

That'd be cool I think, especially for the canyons, but the only problem is, emotes aren't always movement, but sometimes sound, so how would those transmit?