Fire.

Started by , March 06, 2003, 02:56:04 AM

Fire...
I think fire is underrated.
I understand if what im suggesting was ever implemented it could be a serious TWINKFEST the gameworld over, but it could at least be looked over as possibly being implemented or added in a way.

The masses have torches... ale... and lotsa spare time. I dont see why someone couldnt methodically throw a decent portion of ale or booze over a room and then drop their torch.

With how many angry, psychotic people there are in the world Im suprised fire hasnt been explored as more of an option.

Also wouldnt someone throwing a lit torch at you hurt? especially if your covered in ale or flash powder? that someone mayve thrown on you?

I just think alot of stuff could be added to make a neat fire code... dousing enemy troops in oil and having your friendly Suk-Krathian hurl a volley of fireballs into them...

Seems no rooms are ever on 'fire' especially in the north with the abundance of wood and sawdust. There are the occassioanal explosions, dont get me wrong...
Anyways, thats all.

good god! Could you imagine it? Within an OOC week the entire north would have burnt down. :P Also a lot of houses (at least down south) are made of mud brick. Not too sure how well mud brick burns down.

Having said that I think there is SOME merit to the idea. And I know it's definitely possible with Imm support. Perhaps instead of entire rooms being burnt down, we make it so certain items can be burnt down. You could have partial descs for burnable items (that would mainly be submitted by players) for if someone manages to SOMEHOW put the fire out. Or the item can be turned into a pile of ash once it's burnt out. I don't think it'd be TOO difficult to add on extra attributes to items (then again I have NO idea :P).

I do think this is a good idea, but I also happen to think it'd be fairly rare for a Zalanthan to set fire to things, only because it's a desert world and everyone appreciates (Less so in the south than the north) how hard a good fire would be to put out. This would be especially true for Northerners, good god, an out of control brushfire would take them out.

Oh, but since this is code discussion, I would like it, but I think it's better left as an Imm supported thing.

So it'd be more of a scorched earth tactic? *rimshot*

With this present if tuluk and Allanak ever went to war again does that mean the "Total War" tactic could be used against Tuluk?  :twisted:
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

Hey, good idea - fire could be a great way of flushing out if there are any bombs in a building - got a Noble in danger?  Not certain if there's a bomb?  Torc the place!

Some things are burnable by the code.

If you'd like to play with it, I'd suggest building yourself a campfire, and having a good time experimenting.  :wink:
Tlaloc
Legend