Accidental reset

Started by Morgenes, October 16, 2006, 11:49:44 PM

I accidentally rolled back the game's character library to a October 11th's backup files.   We are looking to see if it's possible to find a more recent backup that will help minimize the loss.

What does this mean to you?

If you were not on at 11pm EST, it's possible you lost a weeks worth of changes to both your account (dead/newly applied/accepted characters) as well as to individual characters.

Everything that was in game (like in save rooms) is fine, that was not lost, and again, if you were online at 11pm EST, you are fine as well.

Please send all reimbursement requests and any issues you have because of this to morgenes@armageddon.org and cc: mud@armageddon.org and I will work to fix the problems as quickly as possible.  We are terribly sorry about any loss you may experience due to this.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

Note: If your character was created in the last week (after last Wednesday at 9am) you should not have lost anything.  However, it may appear that the character is no longer available when you try and log in.  Mail me with the name of your character who is missing, your account name, and what, if anything happened to your previous character (killed by a gith or stored or whatever) including the previous character's name and I can fix that very easily.

I'm slowly working through the reimbursement emails that have already come in.  Please bear with me as it takes time to look up individual items that are lost.

As for the questions about skill resets, we will do what we can, however we can't know precisely where you were.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

This was posted in Ask the Staff in response to the question of how can you (the player) help with the reset:

Quote from: "Morgenes"We would appreciate any self-cleanup you can do.  Things such as coin or items you sold or spent could be junked or sold again (so long as you don't doubly profit from them).  

If you have control over the situation (such as walking from Luirs to Tuluk, or rebelling from a clan), please go ahead and do so.  

If you do not feel safe moving from one location to another, or need to be added back to a clan, please wish up when you are in game and we will work with you to fix it.

If you are missing a character, or have a character that has suddenly risen from the grave.  Please mail me and I will fix it.

If you are simply missing skills, spell power or items, please submit a reimbursement request through the request tool

Edited to add: If you already have sent me an email, do not enter a request on the request tool and vice versa.  We have enough volume that double-posts will only delay the time it takes to fulfill the requests.

If you haven't mailed me or sent in a request, then follow the above guidelines.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

FYI - I am still processing the emails I've received today and responding as quickly as I can.  I most likely did receive your email and will respond when I finish your reimbursement.

Please remember the guidelines above when deciding between mailing me and submitting a request on the request tool.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

Just a note folks, if and when you submit a request for reimbursement, please separate out the items you need reimbursed as a reimbursement request, and any skill changes should be a skill change request.

This will help us keep track of what has and hasn't been done.

Note that if you're already combined them both as one request, do not submit another request!
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff