Pregnacy and 'Half' Breed

Started by saytrdragon, October 12, 2006, 08:39:56 AM

1.There really is not a pregnacy code for arm. If not is it all rp and how will a person play things out. Information and question?

2. Half a person breed a child with another half breed. What would happen? Would you have a quarter breed?

1. http://www.armageddon.org/general/pregnancy.html

2. They'll get another half-breed.  Pointy ears seem to be a dominant trait, like dark skin in humans.  I'd say that if a character is 1/8th elf or more they should pick coded half-elf as race.

Quote from: "Marauder Moe"1. http://www.armageddon.org/general/pregnancy.html

2. They'll get another half-breed.  Pointy ears seem to be a dominant trait, like dark skin in humans.  I'd say that if a character is 1/8th elf or more they should pick coded half-elf as race.

From my limited knowledge of a past thread I can't seem to find, if you are playing a character any generation beyond the first half-elf, you should be apping either a human or elf. Half elf is a Half elf, not a quarter or 1/8 elf/human. There are also genetic traits that are involved that may not be passed as strongly onto the children to be considered true coded half-elves.

Really?  My 1/4 elf = coded half-elf answer came from something I thought I read in a past thread as well.  I suppose that answer must then be called "uncertain" until someone finds the missing thread.

EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

Quote from: "FiveDisgruntledMonkeysWit"You're incorrect, Forty Winks.
http://www.zalanthas.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=19103&highlight=half+elf

Hehe, I admit that, but you can't blame me for taking that thread in the other direction. He does state that if you have just a little elven blood, you might app a human.

Quote from: "Xygax"That doesn't necessarily mean that your coded race should be half-elf, though. I can see people creating coded humans that have some small fraction of elven blood in their heritage and playing them along those lines.

That other thread talks about elven blood for Racist purposes.  You know, like a white person could be considered as Black by white supremicists if they're 'tainted' by even a little blood.
For racist purposes, then, even a bit of Black blood in a white person makes them Black.  It talks about social discrimination, not society.

Now back to our topic: a half-elf and a half-elf will have a half-elf baby.

My understanding is that the half-elf race should only be picked by characters whose elf/human mix is close enough to a 1:1 ratio that they suffer from the half-elven issues, chiefly the half-elven conflict.  In the case of a 1:3 half-elf (regardless of being more elf or more human), only take the half-elf race if your character has the half-elven conflict.  If you're relatively well-adjusted, take human or elf.
With a 1:7 ratio or less, I think the traits (physical as well as the conflict) should be pretty subtle, and you shouldn't take Half-elf as a race.

That's my personal understanding of the policy.
Also, RL racism is bad, bad, bad.
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

The general rule as I recall is that if a person has half-elf selected as their race then they have enough mixed heritage for it to be visibly apparent.

If you choose elf or human, it's up to you. So in the reverse, if you were trying to figure out a baby it would depend on who the parents where and what genes it got etc.

In theory if two breeds bumped uglys and the kid came out all round-ear, then the baby would have the coded race human as it should not get the coded benefit of the half-elf because the baby is capable of blending into human society.  If the baby came out looking like another breed, then the race would be half-elf if you wanted it to get the half-elven race mods.

Im on 2 hours sleep. Im sorry if that made no sense.
If you gaze for long enough into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

www.j03m.com

What if a half-elf were to procreate with a full blooded human?

For the first question: no, there's no pregnancy code, and no children code. You can roleplay a pregnancy and have a vnpc until they hit 13. Assuming you and they live that long. There's a general info file on pregnancy.
...so instead of stealing an uneaten one, like a normal person, I decided I wanted the one already in her mouth."

Best movies EVAR:
1. Boondock Saints
2. Green Street Hooligans
3. Fight Club

Norman Reedus is my hero.

15 for half-elven children.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Quote from: "faechild"What if a half-elf were to procreate with a full blooded human?
It could birth either another half-elf or a full human.  Or it could make either of them with diminished/increased half-elf issues.  (A half-elf with a slightly dimished aptitude for animals and internal conflict, or a human with an aptitude and more conflict than most other sane humans).
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

Quote from: "manonfire"New race.

Quarter elf.

Would they perfer a quarter staff

Quote from: "saytrdragon"

Quarter elf.

Would they prefer a quarter staff

I don't think I've actually seen a coded qarterstaff in Arm.

(and yes, I did fix his spelling error in the quote. I don't post spelling errors.)
...so instead of stealing an uneaten one, like a normal person, I decided I wanted the one already in her mouth."

Best movies EVAR:
1. Boondock Saints
2. Green Street Hooligans
3. Fight Club

Norman Reedus is my hero.

Quote from: "MorganChaos"

Quarter elf.

(and yes, I did fix his spelling error in the quote. I don't post spelling errors.)

Changed nothing, but highlighted a word... Sorry. Devil made me do it.  :twisted:
Quote from: jhunterI'm gonna show up at your home and violate you with a weedeater.  :twisted:

Quote from: "MorganChaos"

Quarter elf.

That was not a spelling error just a play on words  :roll:

Quote from: "saytrdragon"2. Half a person breed a child with another half breed. What would happen? Would you have a quarter breed?

Half a person?  So the fact that I'm biracial means I'm not fully considered a person?  Lol, wow.

Note:  I am actually biracial, but I'm not that anal.  Just kidding, lol.

Quote from: "saytrdragon"2. Half a person breed a child with another half breed. What would happen? Would you have a quarter breed?

Half a person?  So the fact that I'm biracial means I'm not fully considered a person?  Lol, wow.

Note:  I am actually biracial, but I'm not that anal.  I'm just fucking around, lol.