Just a reminder for riders

Started by Lizzie, September 29, 2006, 09:53:10 PM

Title                                                              (General)

The title command can be used to give your mount a distinct name. To
name your mount, use title <mount> <desired name>, as in 'title kank
sparky'.

Once the mount has been named, you cannot provide another name, for
fear of confusing it. Renting or quitting out on the mount will remove
the name from the mount. You can only use names twelve characters or less,
and you cannot include numbers or non-alphabetical characters.

See Also:
  mount

Reduce lots of time waiting for people straighten their shit out and renting/mounting/hitching/trying to unpack/pack the wrong kank, by "TITLE"ing your mount, and using the name you give it instead of any other keyword. Do it the *second* you get your animal from the stables. Use an alias if you can't type fast.

L. Stanson
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

An even easier way to avoid confusion is to have everyone wait outside the stables.  Have one person at a time go into the stable, get their mount, title their mount, and then leave the stable with their mount.  Then send the next person in to do the same thing.  Repeat as necessary.

Everyone going into the stables together is just stupid.
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Quote from: "Angela Christine"An even easier way to avoid confusion is to have everyone wait outside the stables.  Have one person at a time go into the stable, get their mount, title their mount, and then leave the stable with their mount.  Then send the next person in to do the same thing.  Repeat as necessary.

Everyone going into the stables together is just stupid.

I found this method to be a neccessity as a Byn Sergeant.

Oh, this is a great idea that would help while you're at the stables. But it won't help if you're not. Often I see people trying to include their mounts in their emotes (I do too and I've made this same mistake). You and your Byn pals are riding up Route 66, enjoying the old billboards. You're riding the dappled mare, John Wayne is riding the dappled gelding, Annie Oakley has the old brown mare, and Yosemite Sam has the young brown gelding.

You reach under a dappled gelding after a long run to escape the stampede, and give him a gentle stroke.

John Wayne raises his brows at you.
Annie Oakley snickers.
Yosemite Sam blushes.

You ooc, oops I meant the mare!

You reach under the old brown mare after a long run..blah blah..

ooc Damn wrong horse again.

But if you would just reach under Babydoll (or any other thing you use to name your mount) you wouldn't have this problem in the first place.

Also sometimes, combat will cause you to seperate from your mount and you'll have to re-hitch it. Hillarity and OOC frustration and a full IC hour of daylight trying to figure out which kank is which ensues.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Another helpful reminder is shit sometimes happens.

Title while helpful for emotes probably won't always save you from those stable accidents. Going into stables one at a time, while "smart" can get tedious and time consuming. I was always under the impression you could only be able to rent animals you were hitched to anyways, at least it should be this way if it isn't.

I say the best way to fix this would be to have your character mount your kank as soon as you offer the ticket, the exact same as when you buy a new mount.

I just stack the commands.

offer ticket; hitch kank self; mount; title kank Tek

-WP
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Quote from: "WarriorPoet"I just stack the commands.

offer ticket; hitch kank self; mount; title kank Tek

-WP

Yah, I have a macro that does something simlar to this.
Mal: "Well they tell you: never hit a man with a closed fist. But it is, on occasion, hilarious."
---
Inara: "Thank you for the wine. It's very... fresh."

Mal: "To Kaylee, and her inter-engine fermentation system."