Subdue and getting attacked

Started by daedroug, September 19, 2006, 09:26:33 PM

So your helping out an unconcious guy and moving them to some where safer, and I get attacked. You try to draw a weapon and you get "You cannot use that while subduing someone." and then you try to drop the person and you get "You're fighting for your life!" So basicly because blades have been turned on you the person oddly enough becomes insepperably glued to your hands?
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.
     -Douglas Adams

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
     -Douglas Adams

Rofl, sounds like a bug. Bug it with the command in game. Probably what you'd have to do is flee and then release them to get out of that little lock.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

ok so basicly I propose that when you attempt to draw a weapon that the person your subueing gets automatically dropped.
     -Douglas Adams

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
     -Douglas Adams

Quote from: "daedroug"ok so basicly I propose that when you attempt to draw a weapon that the person your subueing gets automatically dropped.

Yeah.  I think you can also propose dropping the guy to the ground when attacked.  Who would not defend himself in that situation anyway?
some of my posts are serious stuff

Quote from: "Ghost"
Quote from: "daedroug"ok so basicly I propose that when you attempt to draw a weapon that the person your subueing gets automatically dropped.

Yeah.  I think you can also propose dropping the guy to the ground when attacked.  Who would not defend himself in that situation anyway?

Can't say I agree, I've been in the situation where dragging someone out of combat was my main reason of the subdue. Just making the release command work would be fine, if it already doesn't.

You did type release, yea?
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

I think there is untapped potential (and great comedic value) in using a subdued target with the Shield Use skill.

Seeker
Sitting in your comfort,
You don't believe I'm real,
But you cannot buy protection
from the way that I feel.

Quote from: "Seeker"I think there is untapped potential (and great comedic value) in using a subdued target with the Shield Use skill.

Seeker

I'm with you there.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

Yes I did type release and I got the "You're fighting for your life!" message
     -Douglas Adams

-Douglas Adams

Quote from: "daedroug"Yes I did type release and I got the "You're fighting for your life!" message

I tested this, and it is indeed a bug.  You should be able to release while fighting, but can't. I'll fix it.

However, it might amuse you to know that you could have just typed:  draw sword (or whatever weapon) and that would have worked fine AND would have made you automatically release the person.
"I agree with Halaster"  -- Riev

Quote from: "Halaster"
Quote from: "daedroug"Yes I did type release and I got the "You're fighting for your life!" message

I tested this, and it is indeed a bug.  You should be able to release while fighting, but can't. I'll fix it.

However, it might amuse you to know that you could have just typed:  draw sword (or whatever weapon) and that would have worked fine AND would have made you automatically release the person.

*giggle* I am now imagining Halaster dragging a mekillot or something else outrageous along and staging some grand assassination scene just to test this out.
21sters Unite!

Quote>force godzilla subdue horror
Ok.
A gargantuan green lizard subdues a silt horror, despite its attempts to struggle away.

>force mekillot kill godzilla
Ok.
A ruddy-brown mekillot attacks a gargantuan green lizard.
A gargantuan green lizard swiftly dodges a ruddy-brown mekillot's claws.

>switch godzilla
Ok.

You do unspeakable damage to a ruddy-brown mekillot's body with your claw.

You do unspeakable damage to a ruddy-brown mekillot's head with your claw.
A ruddy-brown mekillot reels from the blow.

>release horror
You're fighting for your life!

Yes, the above really happened (though, only for the sake of this post)

This will be fixed next reboot/crash, by the way.

Halaster, damn you, you make me want to be a imm. Thanks for the fix though, I am sure it will be useful for all of us who are dragging our near dead friends in the wilderness and wander into a mekillot

*giggle* Oh thank you for that. I have too much crap in my life and school has started to boot, and I'm going to be getting up at 5:30 on Mon-Thur and at least three of those days most likely staying awake untill at least 10:30 as I work untill 9. Oh, that was some great entertainment right there ...

but I missed the mekillots sneaky entrance. It was supposed to be an assassination attempt!!!
21sters Unite!

Quote from: "Halaster"
Quote>force godzilla subdue horror
Ok.
A gargantuan green lizard subdues a silt horror, despite its attempts to struggle away.

>force mekillot kill godzilla
Ok.
A ruddy-brown mekillot attacks a gargantuan green lizard.
A gargantuan green lizard swiftly dodges a ruddy-brown mekillot's claws.

>switch godzilla
Ok.

You do unspeakable damage to a ruddy-brown mekillot's head with your claw.

>release horror
You're fighting for your life!

Yes, the above really happened (though, only for the sake of this post)

Uh oh

A very tiny female sings in an incomprehsible language, "Mosura ya Mosura
Dongan kasakuyan Indo muu, Rusuto uiraadoa,Hanba hanbamuyan,Randa banunradan Tounjukanraa, Kasaku yaanmu"

Amish Overlord  8)
i hao I am a sid and karma farmer! Send PM for details!

Quote from: "amish overlord"

Uh oh

A very tiny female sings in an incomprehsible language, "Mosura ya Mosura
Dongan kasakuyan Indo muu, Rusuto uiraadoa,Hanba hanbamuyan,Randa banunradan Tounjukanraa, Kasaku yaanmu"

Amish Overlord  8)

Hahahahaha :lol:
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."