Started by Ixidor, February 22, 2003, 02:42:43 AM

Who would like to see lightning implemented during major storms

who cares
7 (23.3%)
yes so do it please
23 (76.7%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: February 22, 2003, 02:47:54 PM

I was on the way home tonight when I though of an idea, how about just as an echo of course having lightly caused by sandstorms (im talking the really bad ones where you cants see for days and all) just a throught though.

Give me a line even though it probably wont go over well.... but just a thought....
Even the most chaotic battle follows the rules of war."
"Never underestimate your own power when those around you do also"
"No man undertakes leadership without the fear of facing a man in open combat"
Signed Ixidor

I probably would have an opinion on this idea if I could figure out what in the world you're talking about. In the future, take the extra time to organize your thought and double-check your post for spelling, because honestly, this makes absolutely zero sense to me as it's written.

I don't mean to come off as harsh, but when text is the only means of communication, it's vitally important that people be able to be clear in what they're trying to communicate.

Alright look im sorry I didnt reread my post like everyone else, it was a mistake.....

Anyways this is what I am talking about, static electricty builds up in sandstorms due to the sand rubbing together and such. This could very well cause lightning. Im not saying it has or will but I am saying it could be an interesting idea for echoes during a major storm.....

Just an idea and as I said before sorry bout the misspelling and all.
Even the most chaotic battle follows the rules of war."
"Never underestimate your own power when those around you do also"
"No man undertakes leadership without the fear of facing a man in open combat"
Signed Ixidor

Okay, now that I understand the idea. I like it.

It WOULD be nifty (and realistic) for in the middle of a storm for there to be lightning.

Quote from: "Ixidor"This could very well cause lightning.

Ah, lightning!  

Are you pining for a cosmetic echo?  Might want to check with Cerebus' efforts.  If, on the other hand, you're looking to experience being fried to your boots and leaving a corpse, piss off Halaster or someone who wields a jagged bolt.
quote="CRW"]i very nearly crapped my pants today very far from my house in someone else's vehicle, what a day[/quote]

Aha!

Yes. Actually, I would LOVE to see more weather on Zalanthas other than 'It's perfectly still' and 'You can't see anything, sand swirls all around you!'. (yes, I know there's a few stages of sandstorm severity in between, but still...).

Lightning is a great idea. The occasional tornado wouldn't be too out place either, I don't think, but that really depends on a whole lot of things beyond the land just being flat and wide open.

Can you imagine?

> look north

North of here, the sands continue.
[Near]
A whirling funnel of wind and sand dances across the ground.

> think Ew. What's that?

A spinning tornado has arrived from the north.
You are flung up into the air!

> think Uh. Crap. Flee?

You can't see anything, stinging sand swirls all around you!
You are hurled away!
Your vision goes black.

((three RL hours later))

Your head clears and your eyes flutter open.

> look

Kansas
You're not in Zalanthas anymore! Endless fields of wheat stretch out as far as the eye can see, but there's not a single blessed soldier in sight!
[Obvious exits: N, S, W, D]

Heh.
quote="CRW"]i very nearly crapped my pants today very far from my house in someone else's vehicle, what a day[/quote]

>l

In The Middle of a Wheatfield
[EWSN]
Endless waves of golden grain drift across this plain under a light breeze as far as the eye can see, their quiet rustle almost defeaning in its interminability. Far off in the distance, a huge sailed wheel turns ceaselessly attached to a tall, white-painted tower.
A few sheaves of golden wheat.

>
A brown-braided girl has arrived from the west, carrying a picnic basket.
A small brown gortok has arrived from the west.

Looking surprised to see you, a brown-braided girl says, in an unfamiliar tongue:
        "Wxht? Djof sak gie swolns sern akl snfer dkd xhe snom sclo?"

>think Uh oh.. she must be some sort of templar.
You think: Uh oh... she must be some sort of templar.

>bow braided
You bow to a brown-braided girl.
A small brown gortok whines and emits a low, wavering bark.

>think Seems like I'm not in Zalanthas anymore.
lt;Varak> "If my theory proves correct, weezers and dwarves, due to their similar evolutionary environment, should join in a symbiotic relationship in extended isolation."

I sent in this idea, along with echoes, a long time ago.
I was told that they would rather save it for 'special situations'. The Imms feelings on it may have changed, but I tried it and I'm sure someone before me has as well.
"People survive by climbing over anyone who gets in their way, by cheating, stealing, killing, swindling, or otherwise taking advantage of others."
-Ginka

"Don't do this. I can't believe I have to write this post."
-Rathustra

*grumbles and looks crestfallen as he crumbles his mad scientist scrawled notes of weather conditions and echoes*
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

I think this is a good idea, now I see people that just mozy on out into sand storms simply because they dont want to sit around in that safe cozy cave. Does that really make alot of sense? No, but I guarantee after they got roasted a few times they would reconsider going into an environment that they shouldnt be going out in.

Im not saying that every time you go out you should get fried infact I think that the lightning should be rare, though it should be there, make a few people think twice.  

*Cogato who laughs at the thought of a deep fried gwoshi*
ou can not trust anything that bleeds for five days and dose not die.

I see many possiblities for a more enriching rp experience. Better than any idea I've come up with so far. :P

I can just see the 'TWINK IMMS KILLED ME' posts coming now. J/K, heh. ;)

Swordsman