brawling

Started by Gricker, August 07, 2006, 07:28:12 AM

I dont know about this one if its done or not, but if somone is sitting down and you can brawl and there like sitting at a bar, you stalk up to the green haired man, grabbing his head and slaming it into the bartop breaking his nose, or somthing like that eh?
an people in Zalanthas get along? no, you know why? we all HATE EACHOTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.zalanthas.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=21066&highlight=brawl

I've never used it myself, so I'm not entirely sure how the brawlcode works, but it does exist. Though I'm sure the same thing is pretty much achievable through emoting too.

Quote from: "Gricker"I dont know about this one if its done or not, but if somone is sitting down and you can brawl and there like sitting at a bar, you stalk up to the green haired man, grabbing his head and slaming it into the bartop breaking his nose, or somthing like that eh?

IMO ...

Step 1 - Subdue
Step 2 - Emote
Step 3 - Repeat Step 2 until satisfied
eel the wetness of her tongue that slides across my skin
the viruses crawl over me and feel for some way in

acid bath

Quote from: "EonBlueApocalypse"
Quote from: "Gricker"I dont know about this one if its done or not, but if somone is sitting down and you can brawl and there like sitting at a bar, you stalk up to the green haired man, grabbing his head and slaming it into the bartop breaking his nose, or somthing like that eh?

IMO ...

Step 1 - Subdue
Step 2 - Emote
This will get you crim-flagged in the city.

Quote from: "Marauder Moe"
Quote from: "EonBlueApocalypse"

IMO ...

Step 1 - Subdue
Step 2 - Emote
This will get you crim-flagged in the city.

Smashing someone's face on the bartop won't?   :shock:
eel the wetness of her tongue that slides across my skin
the viruses crawl over me and feel for some way in

acid bath

Not with the brawl code.

Which you're currently immune to if you're sitting at a bar.
b]YB <3[/b]

Maybe characters that are strong enough should be able to pull an opponent out of their seat?
Quote from: Saikun
I can tell you for sure it won't be tonight. So no point in poking at it all night long. I'd suggest sleep, or failing that, take to the streets and wreak havoc.

Then that would mean a new guy with extremly stregth pulling out a thief that has poor stregth how is that fair? i mean it would work everytime so thats not really fair
an people in Zalanthas get along? no, you know why? we all HATE EACHOTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote from: "Gricker"Then that would mean a new guy with extremly stregth pulling out a thief that has poor stregth how is that fair? i mean it would work everytime so thats not really fair

If you want to get technical with this idea, it would be fair in some sense. Stats don't change if you're a new char or an old one (unless it is adjusted by staff) so there's nothing wrong with a new char with extremely good strength being able to pull someone with poor strength from their seats. The same would happen with an experienced char. Could make it more even if you consider the agility score of the thief compared to the strong guy.

In any case, I don't think being able to pull people out of their seats is the best solution, though would be nice to be implemented. I personally like being able to initiate a brawl on someone sitting, and leaving it up to that person to react.

Quote from: "Gricker"Then that would mean a new guy with extremly stregth pulling out a thief that has poor stregth how is that fair? i mean it would work everytime so thats not really fair

Real life isn't fair. Zalanthan life sure as hell isn't.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

I don't know about you guys, but having seen a few fights IRL (mostly in highschool) where one combatant was seated, I don't think it's really hard to unseat someone, regardless of skill or strength.  Hell, I once even saw a 3' tall guy tackle someone off a cafeteria bench who was nearly twice his height and weight.

I'm all in favor of the brawl code unseating someone to either standing or sitting on the floor.

Quote from: "Marauder Moe"I don't know about you guys, but having seen a few fights IRL (mostly in highschool) where one combatant was seated, I don't think it's really hard to unseat someone, regardless of skill or strength.  Hell, I once even saw a 3' tall guy tackle someone off a cafeteria bench who was nearly twice his height and weight.

I'm all in favor of the brawl code unseating someone to either standing or sitting on the floor.

Yup. It's only a matter of knocking them off-balance, it's not all about strength, usually just about catching them unawares.

Hmm, I can sort of see the brawl code not working on a seated person.

If someone wants to fight, they are probably already standing up and getting into a fighting stance.  They are "putting their dukes up."  That is a brawl.

If someone is sitting at the bar they probably don't want to fight.  If they are just sitting at the bar minding their own business and some asshat starts wailing on them then that is not a brawl, that is assault.  

Even in a "rough" neighbourhood tavern there is a difference between a brawl and an assault.  They law may be willing to overlook a couple bully boys taking pokes at each other, but not bullies that start beating up anyone in their line of sight for no apparent reason.  If you want to fight with someone who doesn't want to fight with you, then you'll have to use a command that may invoke the crime code.  That makes perfect sense to me.
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Quote from: "Angela Christine"Hmm, I can sort of see the brawl code not working on a seated person.

If someone wants to fight, they are probably already standing up and getting into a fighting stance.  They are "putting their dukes up."  That is a brawl.

If someone is sitting at the bar they probably don't want to fight.  If they are just sitting at the bar minding their own business and some asshat starts wailing on them then that is not a brawl, that is assault.  

Even in a "rough" neighbourhood tavern there is a difference between a brawl and an assault.  They law may be willing to overlook a couple bully boys taking pokes at each other, but not bullies that start beating up anyone in their line of sight for no apparent reason.  If you want to fight with someone who doesn't want to fight with you, then you'll have to use a command that may invoke the crime code.  That makes perfect sense to me.

I work in a club in San Jose and AC basically said it all... She has a knack for that doesn't she? Which means AC is obviously a magicker and I think she should be killed...
quote="Tisiphone"]Just don't expect him to NOT be upset with you for trying to steal his kidney with a sharp, pointy stick.[/quote]
The weak may inherit the earth, but they won't last two hours on Zalanathas

I was working back and forth in my head over this one...and AC finally hit on the head what was floating at the back of my brain, beyond my grasp.

Editted to add: ...and if AC is saying what people are thinking, it means she's a 'bender, not a magicker.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

I see that point, definitely. Someone sitting at the bar is a customer. If you walk up and jerk them out of their seat, the tax-paying bartender will probably not be happy, and thereby, neither will the militia.

Of course, this is all subjective. Someone could run over and sit down at the bar and start talking shit and be immune to repercussion just because they're sitting. Sadly, the hard code will never be perfect. I'd just go for emoting, if it's something you feel should bypass crimcode. Just don't poweremote. Poweremoters go to hell and die.
eeling YB, you think:
    "I can't believe I just said that."