Well, new here

Started by 2kdav, August 05, 2006, 06:46:34 PM

I'm not completely sure if this is the right place to post this, but as I have seen several similar posts, I'll post here anyway P:

I've been looking for a game like this for quite a while, and though I knew of its existance, I never bothered checking it out. When bored, I decided to have look at it anyway... and I'm very glad I did.

This seems to me like quite an intimidating (but enjoyable, of course) game, but I am ready to have as many of my characters die as needed in order to understand it.

I'm glad to join the ranks of Armageddon players.

-David

Welcome to the rest of your life. :)

Find a helper. They are your friends. They are also a very, very fine group of people, a number of whom have never had a sexually transmitted disease.

Enjoy Armageddon.

-WP
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Welcome to Crackageddon, 2kdav!

Some helpful tips:

1. As has been stated before...don't feed the elves.
2. The wealth(crapload) of documentation is intimidateing, we know, but it is your guid to life on Zalanthas, so the better you know it, the better for you.
3. While the documentation is fantastic, you will notice many, many instances where information is either omited or just not discussed.  This is because of the high emphasis placed on learning IG(in-game).  More than half the fun of the game is "finding out for yourself".
4.To tie in with tip #1...don't feed the halflings.
5. When you venture beyond the gates of the cities, you take your life in your own hands.  Outside the walls is a vast no-man's land, where hill sized monsters roam, bands of outlaws wait just over the next dune, and vile magicks lurk, all of which would be absolutly delighted to take the burden of your life away from you.
6. Get a job.  If you can't bring in the 'sid(short for obsidian, the coinage of the game), you can't bring in the water and food and you'll quickly die.  Your experience in job hunting will be unique to you.  Some have searched for RL weeks to no avail, while others pick one up almost as soon as entering the game.  If you know where to look, employment isn't all that hard to come by.  As a newer player, hooking up with the "newbie friendly" mercenary group, The Tzai Byn, is my sugestion.
7. When you die(not if you die), don't get discuraged.  I've run through more characters than I realy want to admit to..something like 40 to 50..in the years that I've been here..they've lasted anywhere from several months to several hours.  Death is a familiar presence here, with whom you will soon make an aquaintance.

That's all the long-winded advice from me.  Once again, Welcome!
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

Helpers. I like to help.

There is a massive list of helpers linked off the main webpage somewhere, I'd find it, but I'm just running out the door. Many of the Helpers have listed their E-mails and IM's, feel more than free to pester the 'feckin'  kank-shit' out of any one of them.

Welcome.
your mother is an elf.

Welcome to Armageddon.

>drop pants
You do not have that item.

Quote from: "2kdav"I'm not completely sure if this is the right place to post this, but as I have seen several similar posts, I'll post here anyway P:

I've been looking for a game like this for quite a while, and though I knew of its existance, I never bothered checking it out. When bored, I decided to have look at it anyway... and I'm very glad I did.

This seems to me like quite an intimidating (but enjoyable, of course) game, but I am ready to have as many of my characters die as needed in order to understand it.

I'm glad to join the ranks of Armageddon players.

-David

Welcome, my dear.  Enjoy your stay, and watch the Templars.  They have a nasty bite.  :)
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

For FantasyWriter:
Never again will I be a fool, I will from now on, wrap my tool.

Welcome aboard.
eeling YB, you think:
    "I can't believe I just said that."

welcome to armageddon!

Enjoy you're stay. :D
quote]The requested help file is restricted from viewing on the Web.[/quote]
# of times I've run into this: lost count

Yay for n00bies! We <3 n00bies!

Welcome!  :twisted:
You do know that MUDsex is not a coded skill, right? -Nidhogg

Slow on the uptake, but welcome to Arm. I only joined about a month ago but hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

Welcome.  It feels like just yesterday that I was pondering jumping into this intimidating game.  And it is intimidating sometimes, when you're new, but don't ever let that stop you.  Remember, even in the worst of all cases, even if you feel really embarrassed at your inexperience, that character will die eventually.  You'll make a new character and no one will ever be able to associate you with those embarrassing events ever ever again.  (Except of course the Imms, but just think of them like doctors.)

So get on in there and have a great time.  You will not regret it.

Thank you all, it's been very enjoyable so far, and I even managed to stay alive for a while (!!)

(though I didn't do too many dangerous things).

Quote from: "2kdav"Thank you all, it's been very enjoyable so far, and I even managed to stay alive for a while (!!)

(though I didn't do too many dangerous things).

Welcome, and that is okay, we need more bar mongering beggars around.

Hope you enjoy.

Helpful hints for staying alive:

1. Don't immediately run outside and try to kill things by yourself.  Very nasty things lurk outside city walls.

2. Don't trust anyone unless you have a good reason to.  (Someone who is hiring you into a legitimate job, like for a merchant or noble house, for example, you can trust.)

3. Elves are not your friends.

4. Be respectful to nobles, and especially to templars.

5. Use common sense.

Always keep these things in mind, and enjoy the ride!
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".