Tips and tricks for newbies.

Started by RunningMountain, August 05, 2006, 06:45:22 PM

Here's some of RM's tips and tricks. A lot of these are common sense, but might be construed as IC info, I don't think it is though, if it is, lemme know and I'll remove 'em.

Hunger and thirst:
If you get hungry or thirsty it impacts your ability to fight. So make sure you're well-fed and all that if you're going to go fighting/hunting or whatever.

Rolling stats:
It says it in the new screens, which most new players don't read, to pick an age in the middle of the numbers, most new players don't realize this and just pick any age. In fact the best age to use is the number you are given for the races life span, divided by 2. Eg: humans is 66, so use 33 for age to get the best stats and not have to worry about that stuff.

Skills and branching:
In the help files it hints at all the skills you'll get for your class, so read those help files before picking the class so you know what you're getting yourself into and won't later on go, "Oh no, I picked ranger, I don't get disarm?"

Spamming skills:
It's pointless to do it because there are timers in game that stop you from notching a skill point more than once in a certain amount of time. Most people don't know this. So please, just roleplay appropriately and use your skill once or twice.

Hmm, this is all I can think of for now, If I have more I shall post dem.
"A man's reputation is what other people think of him; his character is what he really is."

I thought 25 was the prime age. 33 seems a bit old.
A foreign presence contacts your mind.

Quote from: "Manhattan"33 seems a bit old.

Shhh.  :wink:

Quote from: "Manhattan"I thought 25 was the prime age. 33 seems a bit old.

It depends a certain thing.

Please do not try digging up game mechanics on the board.

>drop pants
You do not have that item.

Tip to the wise. If it seems dubious, err on the side of caution.
nless explicitly stated, the opinions of this poster do not necessarily represent all staff.

Halaster the Shroud of Death sings, in unnaturally gutteral sirihish:
    "S
     T
     F
     U"