Is underwear virtual?

Started by Nightstring, July 26, 2006, 01:30:29 AM

Is or can underwear be virtual? I had always assumed that underwear was virtual, but when I found some actual coded underwear that could be worn on the waist, it kind of confused me. Is it abuse to be wearing 'virtual' underwear?

No it isn't (IMO) abuse to wear virtual underwear. This is because you have a choice. Wear underwear or the overgarment. But not both. If there were underwear slots then it would be abuse. But as there isn't, it isn't abuse.

To answer your question, no.

But I've always assumed that Zalanthan's don't usually wear it.
Back from a long retirement

I am a proud wearer of virtual underpants.

edit: (in the game)
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

I've always assumed Zalanthans don't generally wear underwear. It's a lot cooler without.
Quote from: J S BachIf it ain't baroque, don't fix it.

Quote from: "Nightstring"Is or can underwear be virtual? I had always assumed that underwear was virtual, but when I found some actual coded underwear that could be worn on the waist, it kind of confused me. Is it abuse to be wearing 'virtual' underwear?

See the merchant house known for fine clothes and jewlery (House Kadius).

There is some hawt underwear out there in NPC shops.

I think its more for those rich and fancy folk.

>drop pants
You do not have that item.

Quote from: "Medena"I've always assumed Zalanthans don't generally wear underwear. It's a lot cooler without.

Yeah, but leather pants chafe!
Er, I assume.  I've never actually worn leather pants.

I remember when I was just a wee newbie a Fale once asked my PC if her boss let her wear underwear.   :oops:  I totally didn't know what to say.  

Anyway, now I wear virtual underwear when appropriate to the outfit and character.  Some girly clothes pretty much require support undergarments.  Codewise you can't wear a bra or corset and wear a dress too, so you need virtual ones.  

Even normal poor women probably wear underpants at least some of the time, to help deal with their 4 times a month visitor (stupid over-long Zalanthan months).  

There is a shortage of elastic waistbands, so I assume people use either loincloth-style underpants, drawstring underpants, or ones that tie like a string bikini.
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Not wear it? Sure, if you want your balls to be sheared off by a day in those mekillot-hide leggings.

None-wealthy Zalanthans probably wear a loincloth of some kind. I assume nobles wear hose.
Brevity is the soul of wit." -Shakespeare

"Omit needless words." -Strunk and White.

"Simplify, simplify." Thoreau

Depends what my PC is wearing. A skirt doesn't need anything underneath, but I really wouldn't wanna wear thick hide or chitin pants without something to protect my privates.

I don't think bras are common except for dancers, though.
b]YB <3[/b]

Underwraps will be common for any armor-wearing PC or NPC. The reason is that armor is not condusive to the well-being of your privates. That means your nuts will be tyed up and your pussy will be wrapped up. Aditionally, any sort of heavy armor will chafe you no matter where it is, so you'll be wearing some sort of wrap under that as well.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Quote from: "Medena"I've always assumed Zalanthans don't generally wear underwear. It's a lot cooler without.

Ditto.

I've seen some clothes described as being lined on the inside with some less harsh material too.

But I think virtual underwear is fine.
So if you're tired of the same old story
Oh, turn some pages. - "Roll with the Changes," REO Speedwagon

Thinking about this, I dont see how anyone could go without some type of garment covering their privates. No support for your chest, especially some of those huge busted sisters, would be painful and extremely uncomfortable depending on activity level. So if it doesnt exist then I think undergaraments being virtual is acceptable.

Additionally, I wish there was a way you could put in a coded 'nekid description :) One of my past characters was whipped to a point where it let scars. After being horrified I was like "WOW! At some level this is really cool that you can see scars and details on a character!". I can only imagine how certain places might be interesting having the ability to put all manner of neat piercings :-)

how can you abuse wearing underwear?
dd my msn if you want, longvaladrien@hotmail.com

Actually, the brassiere is a relatively new invention (apparently refined from a sort of boneless support undergarment since about the last 1800's), so you can assume that even the most gifted of Zalanthan ladies might not be wearing one.  That said, it seems to be one of those anachronisms which has crept into the game and is likely to remain, so I think you should consider yourself free to wear virtual undies.  We even have non-virtual thongs (as if there's a major difference between a virtual thong and a non-virtual one) in the game, and I'm pretty sure that's a wildly anachronistic thing.

But, who cares?

I certainly won't be the lingerie-enforcer, going about deleting lacey things from the object database.

-- X

See, I couldn't imagine not wearing underwear on a desert world with frequent sandstorms...do you want more sand than is absolutely unavoidable getting up there?  Ladies?  Skirts seem especially vulnerable to this.

Maybe for a silky noble they could go without, since they have baths and things.  For a commoner...well, I could deal with a little more heat if my drawstring panties kept out most of the sand.

And of course there's the tight leather pants.  Yes, underwear is good.

Xygax for Lingerie Enforcer!  Big brother is watching!
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Loincloth, baby!  :D
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

Quote from: "John"This is because you have a choice. Wear underwear or the overgarment. But not both.

So what you're going to have to do is drop the pants and just walk around in underwear at all times.  Else, I can't consider your play legit.  :D

My underwear are virtual.  :P
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

derail
I haven't worn underwear for weeks.
/derail

Yeah, I think that wearing virtual underwear should be assumed for some...not for others...and heavily debated for yet more.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.