Favorite Oddball Character Concepts.

Started by jhunter, July 24, 2006, 11:30:44 PM

Just curious about some of the strangest/wierd/interesting character concepts you've all either seen or thought of doing in your time here on Armageddon. Character concepts that really stood out in an odd way that you can remember because of it.

No names please unless they are at least a year old or more and are not currently living.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

A character who can only ever use shout as means of spoken communication.

You shout, in sirihish:
    "No I can't stop yelling!!! This is how I talk!!!"
subdue thread
release thread pit

A Way deaf/mute.  Set up client triggers to delete psionic messages from the screen.

A character who needs to always sleep at least half of every in game day.

Quote from: "Rhyden"A character who needs to always sleep at least half of every in game day.

That sounds kinda boring to play, tbh...  :shock:

A blind character, and request to actually be set permanently blinded. Would be an experience.
b]YB <3[/b]

Quote from: "Hymwen"A blind character, and request to actually be set permanently blinded. Would be an experience.
Blind people can actually tell where they're going. They can feel objects and sit down at them and stand up. Someone who was codedly blind couldn't do any of these things, so how would it be realistic?

Coded blinding is WAY more severe a penalty than a blind person suffers.  Unfortunately, you the player need to 'see' what is going on so that your character can react to things from other senses...which being codedly blind would prevent.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

I like to play merchants in combat roles. They generally fail very quickly, unfortunately.

When I first started this game, I was amazed that a friend of mine (no longer playing this game) started up a merchant and went gallavanting off across the sands on his kank (to some rather silly, noobish adventures like falling off of cliffs and having to deal with getting his kank out of holes) and not once was ever at risk of having an NPC kill his character.  I love seeing reckless behaviour rewarded, and I'd love to see more of it too...the reckless behaviour, I mean.

I also had a LOT of fun with my HG merchant/thug, profession: pimp.  He doodled and made knick-knacks during his down time (and he had a lot...didn't quite get how pimping worked and couldn't get a 'ho' to pimp to save his life) and he actually branched some skill or another.  My only merchant to ever branch...aw.

I also want to see more characters in game liking magickers, but only for really good reasons...as a prelude to this, though, we'd need to see more people giving magickers a chance to provide a good reason (and I'm not talking some spoken explanation) and more magickers taking oppurtunities to give someone a reason.

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

this wasn't on Arm but i once had a charachter that was a complete spazoid, among other things he hiccupped when ever some one entered the room (except when he was concentrating on somthing), he twitched constantly when it rained, he smiled when he was angry/annoyed, sharpened his sword for hours on end and counted each stroke out loud, and just all around twitching.
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.
     -Douglas Adams

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
     -Douglas Adams

A narcoleptic noble.  Funniest RP ever!
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

My characters are becoming increasingly weird as time slogs on.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

I'd like to see or make the antithesis of a guild. Like, a ranger who is afraid of the desert, a merchant who begs for money, etc.
he tall, short elf utters an incantation.
You feel an uncomfortable tingling sensation.
>eq
<worn on waist> a bloodied loincloth

I have given some thought to potentially playing a character with mild to medium Tourette's Syndrome. This would entail not the uncontrollable cursing as is usually portrayed so exaggeratedly in the media, but would look like this:

-- Probably a young character. Tourette's is often worse in younger people.
-- Tourette's is more common in males, but female would be ok too.
-- Both verbal and physical tics. These could be things like a constant nervous cough or clearing of the throat for the verbal, and a constant twitching of the nose, or rolling of the shoulder for the physical.
-- Potentially also OCD symptoms such as the need to symmetrically touch things. (Anything touched with one hand must be touched with the other hand also.) Or repetitive thought patterns.
-- Symptoms should worsen under conditions of prolonged stress, or when the character is thrown into something new and unfamiliar.
-- Symptoms should probably cause the character discomfort and embarassment to a certain extent, although s/he may often not even notice that symptoms are present. (Unconscious tic-ing.)
-- High intelligence and creativity. Often a wild and grand imagination accompanies Tourette's. Although character might also obsess in an OCD-like way on this imaginary stuff and repeat it too often to other characters. (Gets annoying.)
-- If/when the character tries to "control" his/her symptoms, they get worse, or burst out at inopportune times. (Like building up pressure, it has to get released.)

I think it would be interesting to play, especially in a highly social or visible role.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

QuoteWhen I first started this game, I was amazed that a friend of mine (no longer playing this game) started up a merchant and went gallavanting off across the sands on his kank (to some rather silly, noobish adventures like falling off of cliffs and having to deal with getting his kank out of holes) and not once was ever at risk of having an NPC kill his character. I love seeing reckless behaviour rewarded, and I'd love to see more of it too...the reckless behaviour, I mean.

I believe here was a caveat about -NOT- talking about characters that are still alive.  Jerk.

For the information of others, this merchant was made in 2002, and is still alive.  He's my roommate, who never logs in.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

Oh, that character is still alive?  Well, I don't feel too bad, as you said, he never logs on and has said he never will.

A mind bender who also happens to be a male whore.

You feel INSANE AMOUNTS OF SEXUAL PLEASURE YOU SO ENJOY IT PAY HIM LOTS OF SID.

Edit:  A massive HG NPC called 'Bubba' needs to be added as a constant cellmate in the Nakki dungeons.  Give him random 'interesting' emotes.

A Krathi, Viv and Whiran that go into business as jacuzzi makers.
A Viv that finds a way to make and sell ice.

I would also like to see an unusual race played like a Belgoi or a Kenku.

Maybe even a Raptor.
Proud Owner of her Very Own Delirium.

PC Illithid.
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

I once played a half-giant burglar who wore fake elf ears, was too young to speak coherent words or sentences, and ran around screaming that he was an elf and stealing things from people.

The best part was that he was an amazingly good thief and a monster in battle, codewise anyway.
Back from a long retirement

A bard who positively sucks at what he/she does, but is tone deaf so (s)he can't tell the singing and music is atrocious, and thinks that the rest of the world just doesn't appreciate it.
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

A pair of Templars who act like Andy Griffith and Barney Fife.