What are Red Stormers Like?

Started by TiberiusAlaric, July 03, 2006, 04:43:44 PM

How would you characterize a person from Red Storm? What makes them unique in terms of their identities compared to an Allanaki or Tuluki? Would you say they're more 'proud and individualistic' than the others?

Also, how would they perceive these groups of people, at least in general?

Muls
Magickers
Slaves
Nobles

Thanks. :)

Very private. They don't give a shit about you, and you BETTER not give a shit about them. Think the old west, with giant tentacle monsters.

Muls: Don't give a shit. They're big and mean and tough, and most of 'em work for the town's militia.
Magickers: Don't give much of a shit. Long as you don't do any creepy shit in Storm, they won't mess you up.
Slaves: There aren't any slaves in Storm, if you catch my drift.
Nobles: Don't give a shit. No nobles in Storm either.
esperas: I wouldn't have gotten over the most-Arm-players-are-assholes viewpoint if I didn't get the chance to meet any.

Cegar:   most Arm players are assholes.
   Ethean:   Most arm players are assholes.
     [edited]:   most arm players are assholes

Haha, great reply.  :lol:  8) Thank you.

Anyone else mind giving some additional input?

I really can't top Cegar's post.... sorry.

Quote from: "TiberiusAlaric"Haha, great reply.  :lol:  8) Thank you.

Anyone else mind giving some additional input?

I will.

The privacy of Red Stormers does not mean you can't interact with anyone.

I used to hate it when I'd see people in Red Storm and think HEY WOW GREAT SOMEONE TO INTERACT WITH! and then they totally ignore you.

Or act as if looking at them and saying 'howdy' is this invasive crime.

Bleh.

Red Stormers don't like questions, or people nosing in their business.  They are still people, and people socialize.

Red Stormers are very private, keep their noses where they belong, and can be extremely violent.  Most of them tend to smoke spice heavily and generally dislike Allanak.
Red Storm has plenty of escaped slaves, so some people will be much less tolerant of slavery.
Red Storm has plenty of mages, and some of them don't even go to excessive lengths to hide that they are mages (even if they don't fling fireballs up and down the road).  Many Stormers will be painfully aware of how dangerous a mage can be, while others could be less fearful of them due to a mildly better understanding.
Many Red Stormers are criminals or have known criminals.

Red Stormers are absolutely not distinctly proud or individualistic - though some Red Stormers might be proud of their relative freedom, they also know better than to not bow down when the templar shows up.
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

Quote from: "Delirium"
Red Stormers don't like questions, or people nosing in their business.  They are still people, and people socialize.

Yes, but there are different ways to socialize. If I were an escaped felon living in outlawtown, and someone walked up to me, smiling, and said "howdy!" I'd probably not give 'em the time of day, either.

Someone starts up a good game of dice, looks at it, grunts up at me and asks if I want in? Hells yeah.

Someone starts a good non-lethal brawl? Yeah. Bring that, too.

But whatever. YMMV. Just thought of some other options, here.

Well, yeah, that goes without saying.  Or so I thought. :)

Quote from: "Delirium"Well, yeah, that goes without saying.  Or so I thought. :)

Never underestimate the scope of human stupidity.

Fun I look forward to exploring Red Storm.
f at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Not much to explore, but I think it is a very interesting place more for its more flexible government that is probably the only reason it actually stays glued together in such an environment.
quote="spawnloser"]Masturbate.[/quote]

Quote from: "Delirium"Red Stormers don't like questions, or people nosing in their business.  They are still people, and people socialize.

Delirium is right on.  Storm is absolutely awesome.  It's hemote city there.  While an escaped mul may not verbally chat up the magicker sitting at a nearby booth, I could easily see them exchanging glances, sizing one another up, maybe even doing various little gestures in a silent power play that could escalate to an argument and fighting, or to a fragile partnership.

I...love...Storm.

Keep in mind that the Silt Sea interferes with magick as well. I'm not sure if Stormers would know this, but I'm sure they'd be more comfortable around mages knowing that their powers are dampened a bit.

Quote from: "jcarter"Keep in mind that the Silt Sea interferes with magick as well. I'm not sure if Stormers would know this, but I'm sure they'd be more comfortable around mages knowing that their powers are dampened a bit.

Uhhhh....
esperas: I wouldn't have gotten over the most-Arm-players-are-assholes viewpoint if I didn't get the chance to meet any.

Quote from: "Cegar"
Quote from: "jcarter"Keep in mind that the Silt Sea interferes with magick as well. I'm not sure if Stormers would know this, but I'm sure they'd be more comfortable around mages knowing that their powers are dampened a bit.

Uhhhh....

Help silt. Let him be, let him be.
I am God's advocate with the Devil; he, however, is the Spirit of Gravity. How could I be enemy to divine dancing?

No shit? I never noticed that in the helpfile before. Sorry.

Storm is my favorite place in the world. I'd just play there all the time, if I could. It is the place that feels most zalanthan to me.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."