Rider Skill

Started by __Torax__, February 13, 2003, 09:33:36 PM

Well, I am a Human Warrior with a Subclass of Mercenary. I'm having a lot of trouble with my riding skill. I've been taught by two maxxed riders and I've tried 500+ times to move to the next room, but with no success. Its been this way since I made the character. I also have the ride skill. I've contacted Imm staff to have it fixed but I was told that it just takes time. I've played other characters here and it doesnt take that much time. So I am curious as to if someone could help me so that I could leave the city gates.
ocking a fake scream, the badass scorpion exclaims to you, in
sirihish:
"Ah! Scorpions! I pissed my Wyvern trousers! Ah!"

Sounds to me like a bug with the mercenary subclass - i've had all different types of classes/subclasses with the ride skill that had HORRID wisdom and still (at least) got to go a few rooms, and eventually got good at it. So maybe you should just e-mail the mud or something explaning your endeavors.

I had the exact same experience about a RL month ago (human warrior/merc and the hundreds of failed ride attempts).  Wished up asking about it and an imm was able to somehow fix the bug right then and there; I was able to ride the mount with no problems after that.

It also can't hurt to include any logs you might have of it happening.

I knew a warrior/merc with the same problem a few IRL months ago.....

It's been a bug that's been around for a LONG time (like, over a year afaik). Characters with races, guilds or subclasses that start with the ride skill have this annoying tendency to -lose- the skill the first time they mount up on an animal. At that point, they basically have to learn it up again from zero, which can take forever.

Maybe that bug got fixed and this is something else, but I've run into it more than once.