Exempting emoting from lag when fighting.

Started by Forty Winks, May 14, 2006, 01:53:24 PM

I figured keeping the combat lag from affecting your emoting during combat would better add to that experience, especially for warriors with all the kick/bash/disarming going on.

Either that, or allow you to emote while doing those actions.

Done and done.
It already exists.  Speech, look and thinking, too.
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

This has been in for awhile, and was one of my favorite additions to the code. Makes for much nicer looking and fluid combat.

I would also like to be able to:

kick lord (stomping at his slipper-clad foot)

You aim a kick at the plump, squeeling noble, stomping at his slipper-clad foot.

-WP
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Custom emotes aren't affected by combat delays, but I think that the built-in ones ("wave man", "grin gith" etc.) are.
b]YB <3[/b]

Quote from: "Hymwen"Custom emotes aren't affected by combat delays, but I think that the built-in ones ("wave man", "grin gith" etc.) are.

I didn't know we had built in emotes.
If you gaze for long enough into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

www.j03m.com

Quote from: "jmordetsky"I didn't know we had built in emotes.

Just a tiny handful from the stock code. Most was taken out.
Brevity is the soul of wit." -Shakespeare

"Omit needless words." -Strunk and White.

"Simplify, simplify." Thoreau

Yeah.  Adding the whole list of all the old diku stock emotes to the unlagged-commands list sounds boring. :)  You should just use emote, pemote, semote, etc. instead.

-- X

I was really happy when I realized than instead of emote smiles, I could type smile and recieve the same effect.
...so instead of stealing an uneaten one, like a normal person, I decided I wanted the one already in her mouth."

Best movies EVAR:
1. Boondock Saints
2. Green Street Hooligans
3. Fight Club

Norman Reedus is my hero.

Morgan:  You can make "^smile$" in your mud client be a substitute for ":smiles" (okay) or even, "pemo ugly mug cracks into a wry, cruel grin." (good) or even have it randomly select from a list of 20 different pre-canned grin emotes. (way cool)

Or you could just type out a custom smile for every situation, which is the best.

-- X

Really now.. I could make a hundred different ways to smile!

Tell me how! I have Gmud. *twitches*
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

Quote from: "Xygax"Morgan:  You can make "^smile$" in your mud client be a substitute for ":smiles" (okay) or even, "pemo ugly mug cracks into a wry, cruel grin." (good) or even have it randomly select from a list of 20 different pre-canned grin emotes. (way cool)

Or you could just type out a custom smile for every situation, which is the best.

-- X

Somoene should post a step by step of how to do this in g-mud for those of us that don't have a clue, but can learn if they have some examples to catch on from.
quote="Tisiphone"]Just don't expect him to NOT be upset with you for trying to steal his kidney with a sharp, pointy stick.[/quote]
The weak may inherit the earth, but they won't last two hours on Zalanathas

I'd like it so invalid commands didn't have lag on them.

Kill Ant

The other person kills the ant, beheading it!

There's noone here like that.

(lag)

mount
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime