Possible Addition to Warriors?

Started by FightClub, May 10, 2006, 11:46:15 PM

Snipped myself out of that other thread, before it got spammed over and locked, since Ad approved, we'll see what everyone thinks.

Quote from: "FightClub"OR MARYBE! We can get shouts, that boost the parties endurance, hp, and STRENGTH!!!! And, one for a warcry, one to make enemies flee, and one to too, yes![/sarcasm]

If I did -anything- to warriors, I'd dump them low level scan, and blame it on their sixth sense, much like blind fighting, which would be incorporated into this new jihad skill.  Secondly, I might select something like Mastery weapon skill, and grand mastery (for dwarves who have weapon focii as their focus)

The weapon masteries would be basically one skill only.  Slashing, cleaving, blugeoning, whatever your skill is -- that would be it.  It would only occur after you'd max'd that practicular weapon style, and got parry, block, dual wield to an adequate size. This skill would further improve upon the damage, speed, and accuracy of the weapon while using one.  And help to negate the harmful effects of multiple attacks, because a warrior of this skill would be strategically moving to make multiple attacks do more harm to themselves, then him. While  Weapon Grandmastery would be only avail to dwarves with weapon focus (or perhaps everyone)  It would basically be the same as the previous, except amplified.  It would be like max parry, dwield block, weapon skill, and weapon mastery.  It would grant some nasty bonuses as well.

Huzzah, but that's my idea, thoughts?

P.S. I'd like constructive criticism on the thing as a whole.  Not knee capping aspects, suggested improvement and such.

Thanks,
Fight
"rogues do it from behind"
Quote[19:40] FightClub: tremendous sandstorm i can't move.
[19:40] Clearsighted: Good
[19:41] Clearsighted: Tremendous sandstorms are gods way of saving the mud from you.

As far as I know, when you manage to fulfill a weapon skill to its max, you're already given an award (Bah.. Sorrily I believe telling even what the award may be considered IC). Note that I never did and I don't know, it's been ages since I played a warrior but I managed to observe it a few times.
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

I don't really understand what you're talking about, actually.  Hehe, I don't follow.

However, the weapons skills are pretty pimp the way they are presently, and I think we should only advance them not rewrite the system itself.
, / ^ \ ,                   
|| --- || L D I E L

Shouts and warcries, like the ones the barbarian has in Diablo 2?
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

Ugh, no, to shouts and warcries.

'Weaponmastery' is a bit useless given that a warrior who has completely maxed a certain weapon skill is a blender anyway. There is very little in Zalanthas that can touch you in a straight up fight at that point.

One skill that I wouldn't mind seeing would be some sort of sunder variant, where you target pieces of equipment and try to break them with your weapon (or your meaty half-giant fist).

Quote from: "jstorrie"Ugh, no, to shouts and warcries.

'Weaponmastery' is a bit useless given that a warrior who has completely maxed a certain weapon skill is a blender anyway. There is very little in Zalanthas that can touch you in a straight up fight at that point.

One skill that I wouldn't mind seeing would be some sort of sunder variant, where you target pieces of equipment and try to break them with your weapon (or your meaty half-giant fist).

Heh... you'd have trouble finding anyone who would let you practice that skill on them.
b]YB <3[/b]

If we're just tossing out random ideas that might be nice...

I'd like to see a variant of the 3rd edition D&D feat cleave.  Only in this one it allows an expert warrior to attack secondary foes.  So say, expert warrior is fighting three gith.  He's concentrating on gith one with all of his primary attacks.  But every few rounds, maybe limit it to a skill check every four or five rounds, the warrior has a chance based on his skill to get an extra attack attempt on gith two or gith three while his primary focus is still on gith one.  This would just help to ensure warriors are the kings of melee that they already are.

That said warriors don't really need new skills and I'm not a big fan of what has been proposed so far.  War cry?  No.  Sunder?  Should be more strength based than skill based.  Weapon mastery?  No thanks, already exists more or less in skill caps and certain fighting skills.  And I'd prefer to not give a race any extra skills if they are a certain guild, class and race are separate entities.  Though I agree, looking at an expert warriors skills list compared to an expert rangers gets a little depressing.  I like long skills lists  :(

Yeah I'm just blowing out my buttox, reason there's not form, I just spilled it out as it came, like habitual diarrea.
"rogues do it from behind"
Quote[19:40] FightClub: tremendous sandstorm i can't move.
[19:40] Clearsighted: Good
[19:41] Clearsighted: Tremendous sandstorms are gods way of saving the mud from you.

Secondary attacks? I would love that... With the very few warriors I have played, I often used 'kick' to the second foe with an emote 'emote as ~second approaches closer, me attempts to push it away with a kick'

A nearly expert warrior or -only- a master ranger could try attacking at the secondary foes during his fight with the first foe.
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

no.

If you want to shout or have a warcry, then do it.  But giving those coded advantages doesn't fit in with our gameworld.
"I agree with Halaster"  -- Riev

Diablo II style shouts and warcries?  Heeheehee.  Anyway, noticing the [/sarcasm] tag on that part, I'm sure that portion was a joke, people.  It was originally brought up in the thread where 'whilrwind' was brought up...another Diablo II Barbarian thing like the shouts and warcries.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

A more arm like skill I would like to see warriors have (I don't play many
but I think they could use a little more to make then better guards/warriors)
Much like you get extra attacks if equipped with an item that does it. I would
like to see warriors get random attacks on people attacking them that aren't
the main attacked. That way if five of you attack some bynner on his way
back from a contract to mug him. At least all of you will show signs of getting
beat down even if you win.

I think giving this skill alone to warriors would make people really focus on
getting them in a fight. I know there is change opponent but it is slow and
sometimes there should just be a chance to smack some other guy, not
totally turn from him and ignore the big mul you know you better drop
quickly
quote="Tisiphone"]Just don't expect him to NOT be upset with you for trying to steal his kidney with a sharp, pointy stick.[/quote]
The weak may inherit the earth, but they won't last two hours on Zalanathas