about selling to the merchant that is not the default mercha

Started by Gricker, May 07, 2006, 04:05:06 AM

Can  you help me or tell me the command to like ok you type list crap comes up but if theres two merchants there you type like list wind balah blah how do u offer to the merchant that is not the default merchant
an people in Zalanthas get along? no, you know why? we all HATE EACHOTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.armageddon.org/help/index_frames.html

Help buy.

list (merchant)

buy <item> (merchant)

etc. etc.

Or, help offer..

offer  <item/money> <item/money2> (merchant)
The rugged, red-haired woman is not a proper mount." -- oops

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/03/19

Diealot - Ninja Helper (Too cool for Tags)

theres two merchants instead of One how do u offer shit to the one that isnt default its not offer breastplate elf
an people in Zalanthas get along? no, you know why? we all HATE EACHOTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

theres two merchants instead of One how do u offer shit to the one that isnt default its not offer breastplate elf

To offer something to the second merchant, you have to include the price.

Offer breastplate <cost> <merchant>

To close the deal, you type

barter <merchant>

Make sure you include the merchant's keyword when you barter, or it won't work.

This can be somewhat awkward, because you need to know what a fair price is for the breastplate before you can get their counteroffer.

You're certainly welcome to post your questions here Gricker, but I have a few of the helpers on my AIM list so I can PM them any questions I have and get a speedier reply ;)

You can find a list of helpers (and their area of expertise) here.

Delirium, you don't need to include the price, I don't think (correct me if I'm wrong).

offer <item> <merchant keyword> works.

So, offer breastplate 2.merchant should work, Gricker.

Thanks alot you all very helpfull

Quote from: "HTX"Delirium, you don't need to include the price, I don't think (correct me if I'm wrong).

offer <item> <merchant keyword> works.

So, offer breastplate 2.merchant should work, Gricker.

Last time I checked, you're wrong. :P

Delirium speaks truth.

If you try to offer <item> <second merchant>, the game will think the second keyword you entered is for an object in the first merchant's inventory that you want to barter for. Offer <item> <cost> <second merchant> is the only way to make clear what you really want to do.

A merchant is standing here.
A merchant is standing here.

list merchant
list 2.merchant
offer <item> merchant
offer <item> 2.merchant

A wide-eyed merchant is standing here.
A narrow-eyed merchant is standing here.

list wide
list narrow
offer <item> 60 wide
offer <item> 60 narrow

Edited for the picky.

Did you actually try it ingame, Davien?

Because it seriously doesn't work, unless you include the price for the second merchant.

Let's not quibble about it and confuse the poor newbie. ;)

Quote from: "Delirium"Did you actually try it ingame, Davien?

Because it seriously doesn't work, unless you include the price for the second merchant.

Let's not quibble about it and confuse the poor newbie. ;)

Edited, just for you.

Quote from: "davien"

list merchant
list 2.merchant
offer <item> merchant
offer <item> 2.merchant

Checked that a minute ago and you don't need to specify an amount.
May be different in different cases, but this is how it works for all the rooms I tested it in.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

It's strange but I've had cases where I had to include the amount and others where it worked fine if I didn't.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D