Red Storm Merchant Inventories

Started by Anonymous, February 06, 2003, 01:36:19 AM

Am I the only one that thinks the Red Storm merchant's inventory is a little strange?

There are a few tents/stores that seem to fit just right as far as inventory, but the Salarri and Kadian shops are stocked with weird things.  Especially the Salarri shops.

I would think that their on-hand stock would be representative of what the market would bear.  I'd picture a lot of thin clothing, face-wraps against the sand (picturing ST2:The Wrath of Khan in my head here) and other assorted light-fabric goodies for the Kadians and a lot of cheap, simple type wares to keep the sand and sun out.  I also think that in a place where a good number of people make their living selling flecks of spice for...not very much, the Kadian goods that are present are on the high end of what the average Red Storm person could afford.

The Salarri shops I would imagine seeing a host of lightly reinforced sandcloth and linen armor, maybe some mesh gear for armor and a lot of no-frills, cheap/simple knives, daggers, swords, etc.  Maybe even some spiky stuff (without the coded effect, like some bracers I've seen for sale in other shops) to go along with the raider motif.  I'm really at a loss to understand the reasoning behind what the Red Storm Salarri shop offers at the moment, but I don't know everything going on behind the scenes.

Thoughts?

I thought about it for awhile, and dont see how this 'Sandlord' person even keeps power over the region. Usually most lands are controlled by trade, or fear or whatnot. Appears all the stalls in the town are foreign. Selling expensive kadian goods, to people with no money, and Kuraci spice, while his city is sitting in a relative nest of silty spice.

I think he should juse quit while he's ahead and let the Highlord take him over!

Down with the Sandlord!