Characters you like to play..

Started by Ritley, April 26, 2006, 05:37:19 PM

Gotta say my most enjoyed was a human assasin though some of the most interesting times where with a half-elven elkrosian. I like the mindset of a half-elf and especially love the different personality aspects of a magicker. But I haven't tried everything yet so I suppose those are my favorite temporarily.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Merchants are my all time favorite characters to play. However, its one of the few roles you can play without having to choose the guild with the same name. A close second to the merchant has to be the templar. I haven't played one in the north. However, Allanaki templars are extremely fun characters.

-Williamson
"Let sleeping characters sleep naked." -Azroen

Human warriors.  Maybe Human Ranger if I'm feeling like having someone with extra abilities and less combat power.   Warriors that are very direct sorts, who solve their problems with bone bastard swords.

Rinth human. No doubt. Warrior or Assassin. The Labyrinth  is the sheeeit.

Most of my favorite moments ingame came in this reeking hole of a Quarter. I love the -feeling- of being so dirty and crooked. Mmm. Aside from my current incarnation, my favorite character was a plain ole human Rinthi warrior. He did nothing at all, skill-wise, but accomplished more than all the rest of my characters, plot-wise. I think he sparred twice and was never a real threat to -anyone-, yet he was very trusted by his superiors, had a hand in a dozen-odd murders, dealt in spice, whores, booze and gambling, and made far, far more coin than any other character I've had.

Next? Probably Byn. Human/warrior. I've probably been through Runner training a dozen times, and, overall, served a large number of RL months as Trooper, and I plan to return eventually.

Finally? Eh. Human ranger, preferably Storm or Nak based. Sooooo much to occupy you, as you can do whatever the hell you want, be it politicking, hunting, salting, spicing, whoring, or fighting.

I obviously prefer humans, preferably fighters. Elves are fun but tedious, never played a serious dwarf, and my HG's suck. Merchants bore me, as do magickers.

-WP
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

This goes without saying, I love and prefer warriors.  In every game I've played, warriors are the first, and usually last thing I play.  I prefer to play them, gritty, brutal, violent, and mentally unstable.  It's just more beautiful that way.
"rogues do it from behind"
Quote[19:40] FightClub: tremendous sandstorm i can't move.
[19:40] Clearsighted: Good
[19:41] Clearsighted: Tremendous sandstorms are gods way of saving the mud from you.

After all the discussions on the sneaky threads, I want to play a breed or DE ranger/thief with a penchant for stealing things from gith.

say (with a shake of his head, tossing a bundle of arrows on the ground) I don't think they'll be shooting at us anymore.  Who needs arrows?

drop arrow
drop arrow
drop arrow
drop arrow
drop arrow
drop arrow
drop arrow
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

I've got a few things I would like to play as well.

A drovian; these would be great. These would be my best friend if I had the karma.. and..

A nilazi; these would not be my best friend.. these would be my bestest, bestest friend... I would love to play one.

half of my 9 characters have been magickers, I think that says it all.  :lol:

What were the other 4½?
b]YB <3[/b]

Quote from: "Hymwen"What were the other 4½?

Nine halflings.
Brevity is the soul of wit." -Shakespeare

"Omit needless words." -Strunk and White.

"Simplify, simplify." Thoreau

Half-elf rangers are by far my most loved role. I love being a loner, and not just an indy pc...To sit out in the wilderness for RL days at a time...Its great.

Its when your kank starts talking back to you when you start to worry. At one point back when I was putting in 15 hours a day 6 days a week (Summer vacation in High School) I swear I thought I was truly starting to understand the flow of Zalanthan nature and seriously thought I could tell when the weather was going to change and could determine if anything dangerous was in the area by watching the signs from wildlife....And I wasnt even playing in the SimDesert....If I had a volley ball I probably would have started calling it Wilson...When that PC died I had some serious down time for a while.

Anyways....I love half-elf rangers.

I would have to say that 85% of my pc's have been in this role.
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

Quote from: "Hymwen"What were the other 4½?

A pickpocket, an assassin, and 2 merchants. Thats 4 non-magickers of 9.  :oops:

I like to play humans. Mainly human women. Someday I may play a desert elf...but at this point it seems unlikely.
Once I played a human man and it was really fun, because the other boys all want to chill with you and fight stuff and mine 'sid. I got way more playerbase interaction that way.

I don't have a favorite to play. My favorite character....is dead. She's dead and there's nothing I can do about it. She's been dead a while. She begged them not to kill her at the end, but it didn't do any good.
Quote from: Riev on June 12, 2019, 02:20:04 PM
Do you kill your sparring partners once they are useless to you, so that you are king?

I've only played three characters that lived any appreciable length of time and did anything particularly exciting, and two of them were human warriors.

And if I could do the third one over again, he would have been a human warrior too.

So I guess what I'm saying is that human warriors are kind of fun.
Brevity is the soul of wit." -Shakespeare

"Omit needless words." -Strunk and White.

"Simplify, simplify." Thoreau