Characters you like to play..

Started by Ritley, April 26, 2006, 05:37:19 PM

Most of my roles have been characters who can concievably have a conversation that sounds massively sketchy to anyone who walks in at the wrong time. Like a long conversation about the wood I have for someone before I show a large branch of baobab and get several palmface emotes from the crowd that has gathered.
...so instead of stealing an uneaten one, like a normal person, I decided I wanted the one already in her mouth."

Best movies EVAR:
1. Boondock Saints
2. Green Street Hooligans
3. Fight Club

Norman Reedus is my hero.

jhunter likes to play characters that fart frequently.  It's true!
One of his farts once destroyed a plot I've been scheming for like two RL weeks and caused the death of my beloved character mere days before he was going to get filthy rich and settle down with a hawt babe he met, start a family and lead a good life.
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

Quote from: "Larrath"jhunter likes to play characters that fart frequently.  It's true!
One of his farts once destroyed a plot I've been scheming for like two RL weeks and caused the death of my beloved character mere days before he was going to get filthy rich and settle down with a hawt babe he met, start a family and lead a good life.

Lol! That one really was the fart heard around the world.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

I couldn't say. I only have played two pc's so far and the first one was a clanned warrior that last a rl year and the second is a magicker. I enjoy both of them so far, but I know I will have plenty more to come.
staff member sends:
     "No problem. We'll just eat your brainz later

I almost always play humans. Although I'll play the completely random role too at times. But I usually stick to clans with my common folks whether I planned on it or not. I guess I like leader positions best though.

I love playing Templars and characters that worship the city-state gods.

I think I love playing nobles, but it turns out that I prefer to play characters that have to strive for every darn thing they put in their mouth.   Considering the number of nobles and family members I've stored in the past, it's something that has taken me awhile to figure out.

I really like dirty, rough and tumble types (magick or no) the most.  Always with a bit of dark in them to a lesser or greater extent.  I love Bynners, Kuraci grunts and the hidden magicker type (as they have to struggle to survive). Same goes for muls.
quote="Hymwen"]A pair of free chalton leather boots is here, carrying the newbie.[/quote]

I <3 rangers.

But I guess I do favor that guild, but my enjoyment is not limited to that for the most part.

I don't like being walled in.

Also as an observation, a lot of people say that rangers like RPing alone.  Not true, I just like having something to do and rangers can find something to do.  If there is no one around in the taverns there is something to be done for the benefit of your character outside of the city.  I have been putting myself in clans lately and I find I am doing more solo RP in the clans then as a ranger because of the times I play.  I play during peak hours but I also like to play late at night, and there is no one around.  Not to mention there are certain duties sometimes one must attend on a daily schedule in a clan which forces you to RP alone alot of the time.  X_X

I really enjoy most anything, but the roles that I dearly love are the ones that force me to think.  I love playing intelligent characters, not always schemers, but just intelligent.  Architects, engineers, strategists.  I've I'm a warrior, I'm more of a tactician.  If I'm a mage, I tend to find some crazy mundane facet of a problem that I can easily solve with magick and try to figure a mundane way around it that is Guinness BRILLIANT!.  I seem to have a player flaw in that I can never get a mage to uberpower.

Most of my more favored characters have been wilderness folk without wilderness abilities.  Someday I'll have my merchant from Cai'Shyzn.
 n
[Near]
The lauramarsian, female human is standing here, patiently.

You think:
 "She almost makes it too easy..."

This post was most likely written by a belligerent drunk, please chase with salt.

I enjoy playing ambitious characters, I've noticed. That takes different forms... some of them wanted promotions within their clan, one wanted to destroy an entire city-state, and some were just hopeless outcasts trying to become accepted and live happily (For a half-elf rinthi gemmed whore I'd call that ambitious). In general I like playing in clans.

I haven't had many PCs, though most have been fairly long lived. My shortest run so far has been two weeks.) I enjoy playing PCs who live, I guess. :P. I like to play social types, who usually also moonlight doing shady things in sekrit. I haven't played a straight-up thief or assassin yet but it feels like a really good role for Tuluk.

Only played one fighter type. I might enjoy playing another warrior or a ranger someday, but in general I think I like roles heavier on the politics and lighter on the combat.

Haven't had a chance to play too many mages either, but they do make me drool. I'd say I'm going to grow up to be Larrath too but actually I'll be much cooler.

I'm one of the alternators.  I go from effeminate male aide type to hardcore foul Bynner to 'rinthi elf to desert elf ranger.  I basically just pick random concepts and go with it, so I've tried a little of everything.  I tend to play rangers a lot but am beginning to get sick of them after my last long lived ranger, I feel like I've done what I can with that class.  They're great for independents because of survivability but since I feel I've seen enough of the game world as an independent I now want to explore clanned roles deeper.  I probably have 10 short lived ranger roles in addition to the longer lived ones

That said I've always had a penchant for my long lived clanned characters.  They tend to have fewer wild moments and close calls with death but overall I think my RP with them is better and deeper.  I'm loving my current role just for the freedom and chance to do things independently it has while remaining active in the political sphere.  I've tried a noble and always felt hamstrung by the lack of active leadership (those that can play a noble/active leader amaze me).  Maybe one day I'll try a nakki templar, that is a role I'm constantly trying to think up the perfect background/style for.

I sort of flip-flop from one concept type to the next with no REAL preference, so long as the idea seems cool to me.  

Trends, that I've noticed though:

I -SUCK- at shady roles.  I just do.  No getting around it.

I love subserviant roles.  I will choose to play someone's servant, slave, or punch-bag any day over the independant warrior-god.

Humans are good.  Every so often I get a taste to play something else, but humans have boundless possibilities.

Elves are bad.  I'm not clever enough to do one of these well, desert or city variety.  Not that I've TRIED desert... I just know I'd suck.

I don't really favor any guilds since I usually end up playing PCs that never use their skills.  Although, because I suck at 'shady' tpes, I play FAR fewer pickpockets and burglars.

I've yet to explore all of the races/guilds of Armageddon. I will say that very little other than humans interest me, race wise. Maybe a dwarf, when I come up with a really neat focus sometime. Maybe a HG when I feel like being scary for a little while... But no d-elves. Die, tribals! Ahem.

Guildwise, I'd like to try them all eventually. Mages don't interest me a whole lot, but that might change once I've played one.

Really, the most important thing to me is really 'clicking' with the character, and getting immersed in interpersonal relationships out the ass. My very favorite character ever was full of it. Best friends, cheating lovers, deceptive companions, bonds formed through strife and forged with time. Ah, it was so fun. That is what Armageddon, and all good RP, is to me. I will piss myself with glee if I ever wind up getting as attached to and into a character as I did that one.
eeling YB, you think:
    "I can't believe I just said that."

Nearly always human just for the sheer variety they offer. Usually a city-based character split between ordinary and magicker (gemmed or ungemmed are both good). Never been much for combat roles, unless I'm on a break from a long city stay, preferring intruige, connivery and political RP. Generally start in Allanak as I do like a good criminal underworld to be around. I pretty much have little trouble at all hitting the 20+ day mark with those kind of roles which I find helps me make characters that have more life in them - I tend not to flesh out my character's personality too much beforehand preferring to let IC events shape it. Lastly, I love playing roles where I find out something new about Zalanthas that answers some of the questions I had in my mind about it's history, magick, the Way or whatever.
You can't trust any bugger further than you can throw him, and there's nothing you can do about it, so let's have a drink" Dydactylos' philosophical mix of the Cynics, the Stoics and the Epicureans (Small Gods, Terry Pratchett)

These days I stick with humans. Alternate between male and female. Prefer the so called 'mundane' classes as I played more magickers than you could shake a spoon at before karma even came in. Booooring. Shame on you ALL *shakes his spoon, SHAKES HIS SPOON!*

I usually stick to Delfs (cower in your stinking walls, walkers!).  Love the sheer sense of "ability", as I see it, that comes with playing one.  Sure, the're not as versital as humans, and when you get sick of rping it alone in the desert and the rest of your tribe-mates arn't logged on, well..it does get kinda boring.  This is a good thing, in my mind.  When this happens, it helps me to refocuse on my rp and drill it into my skull that their is a virtual world beyond the coded NPCs and such.

I've played half-elves and humans before.  Never quite got down the half-elve's bi-polar mindset, but loved them for their independent streaks, something I've got in RL.  With humans, I loved their ability to just dive into any aspect of Zalanthas.  They can go places and do things that none of the other races have the ability to, thus opening up many avenues for great rp.
I've never played a dwarf, half-giant or mul.  Something about them just sems to disinterest me.  Perhapse one day I'll relent and try one of them, but I don't see that day coming in the near future.

As for which guilds I stick to..Ranger comes out as #1 by a landslide.  LOVE their l337 skillz!  I have to agree with the thought that states that an uber ranger can pretty much own on any of the other classes.  Warrior comes next; only played 1 merchant and he got stored early.  I've not touched a pick-pocket nor the burgler class..I just don't really have the mentality for them.  Elves have the racial bent for thievery, but I just chalk this up as the urge to prove themselves superior and try to work it in like that.
I love playing Magickers, gemmed or non-gemmed(preference for gemmed though).  Unfortunatly, I had this insane mentality before that led me to get the vast majority of my characters killed within a couple weeks when I first started playing.  This carried over into my magicker play and I went through them like a cannable at a PETA convention(don't ask me how that makes sense..) :( Soon after this, I asked the staff to remove their options from my account until I felt that I could handle one again.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

I like the down-low types.. I haven't had a chance to try many kinds of characters yet because even my solo-hunters last long, but as for now, nobles/merchants/aides just don't interest me.
I like half-elves and the kind of character that is a complete mental fuckup - and sometimes they turn out that way even if that wasn't planend at all.

All characters have been outside-ish so far but something like a rinthi, or a combat type witha a house that never leaves the city, or some pickpocket sound really appealing, too..
A rusty brown kank explodes into little bits.

Someone says, out of character:
     "I had to fix something in this zone.. YOU WEREN'T HERE 2 minutes ago :)"

Quote from: "Bebop"I <3 rangers.

But I guess I do favor that guild, but my enjoyment is not limited to that for the most part.

I don't like being walled in.

Also as an observation, a lot of people say that rangers like RPing alone.  Not true, I just like having something to do and rangers can find something to do.  If there is no one around in the taverns there is something to be done for the benefit of your character outside of the city.

Ranger lurve!

>drop pants
You do not have that item.

Desert Elves.

HotDancer
Anonymous:  I don't get why magickers are so amazingly powerful in Arm.

Anonymous:  I mean... the concept of making one class completely dominating, and able to crush any other class after 5 days of power-playing, seems ridiculous to me.

Quote from: "Hot_Dancer"Desert Elves.

HotDancer
How did I guess  :roll:

Seriously though.. the variation of what everyplayer likes is amazing. Although I'd say 50 % are addicted to rangers. I meself, don't like them really.

My first couple characters were wars, and I loved them, but I loved them because I had some fantasy of being the best warrior in the world.  These days I tend to focus almost entirely on social scenes as I feel that's where the real RP goes down.  Oddly enough, I finally got my dream of being a kick ass war, but only years after I stop trying for it.  Magickers are cool too, but I enjoyed them for the same reason I enjoyed wars.  I played a dwarf a little while ago.  I had a great time with him.  It's so hard to roleplay a focus without being cliché, but I think in the end, I had a good grasp on it.  I'd play a stubby again in a blink.  So to answer your quest, I love social roles and races and positions that require me to define my RP in a way I've never tried before.  I generally like to keep my character's persona something like mine because when I stray too far from it, I can't relate, and I have a time with RPing them.
, / ^ \ ,                   
|| --- || L D I E L

I've only been playing for three years!  Once I've tried everything, then I'll let you know.
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

I favor mul warriors.

Second choice are mulish rangers.

No, it's not just the scary factor. It's the hunt, the run, the discovery of yourself, the search for yourself, the despair because there are no answers that you don't make yourself. The struggle, the confusion, the power, and the hate and anger all drive me.

Second is humans.

Anyone else is fodder, altthough I'll prolly never play an elf again.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

The hawt ones. Get it? play? Har!
your mother is an elf.

Assassins.  Rinther assassins.  I love the criminal world.  Human or half elves are my favorite races.  My favorite one so far was a half-elf rinther assassin.

I am not good with magickers.  So far I only gave one shot, though my next char will definitely be a magicker.
some of my posts are serious stuff