To whom it may concern

Started by Vacar, April 17, 2006, 02:32:52 PM

And I wasn't baiting you.

Slavery (or indentured servitude if you prefer to call it that) should always be thought of as a desperate man's option.  

Fixing it yourself
Joining some clan
Joining the Byn
letting yourself be captured

in that order, normally, is what I'd recommend.  Note that the last option includes indiscreet criminal acts.  The main point is, I think we've all established that there are employers or people of resources who will gladly use other willing PCs, and they even play.

Well baiting or not baiting I did take savery as a very viable option & ment it when I said it was the second most helpful reply.

Since my lack of food & water have put me on a tight time table the militia, & slavery are my best bets unless I stumble on some employer very quickly. I really don't want to do either of these but , it would be poor RP in the extreme to just off the character due to hard times & start over.

It'll make for a more interesting story in the long run going a path I don't want, just to survive.

A helpful hint for getting started out:

Hang around taverns and ask around about who is hiring for what, and who you should talk to.  Get names and descriptions of the person.  Sit down, or go into the tavern's "resting room" and lie down, and try to reach them periodically through the Way.  Or, leave your name with an employee and ask that they tell their employer that you're interested in work.  Remember that this is an illiterate world, and word of mouth is the way things are spread.

And as far as for getting robbed and losing everything, you can certainly play upon people's pity and beg for food, coins, whatever.  In the harsh world of Zalanthas, there are quite a few beggars, and plenty of people have gotten their start by begging until they get on their feet.
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

No, it's not because I'm not a newbie that makes It easier to get picked... that would be OOC. More of because I know how to RP a recruit that would make a good recruit for a certain house. As you go on the ability to RolePlay different sort's just come. Most newbies don't know what a employer is looking for at the beginning even if their character would.