Author Topic: Give NPCs a life  (Read 1629 times)

Vanth

Give NPCs a life
« on: April 11, 2006, 06:15:51 PM »
You know how you always see that slave in Nak hauling obsidian slag day in, day out, without a break?  Would you like to give him (and others) a life?

I am taking suggestions for places that specific NPCs ought to roam, including where they might take a break from their job for a few hours to sleep or socialize.

These should only be existing NPCs who are not merchants.  They should only be in the areas of Tuluk or Allanak that most people know of (not the rinth, or any areas underground, or behind locked gates, or through secret passages, or in the vestric space station).  They should also not be NPCs that are specifically tied to one location, like the beggar outside the Trader's Inn.

Please use the following format:
desc
city
where they might be during working hours (1 or 2 locations)
their ldesc while working
where they might be during relaxing hours (1 or 2 locations)
their ldesc while relaxing

Example:
A black-toothed mercenary woman
Allanak
Wall Road
ambles through the streets, shoulders back.
The Gaj/the bench 2 north of the Barrel
sits at the bar swilling ale./relaxes on a bench here.

You may email to vanth@armageddon.org and mud@armageddon.org or post your submissions here.
Nyr: newbs killing newbs
Nyr: hot newb on newb violence
Ath: Mmmmmm, HOT!

jhunter

Give NPCs a life
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2006, 03:08:36 PM »
So you'd set this up like:

Morning hours- Hanging around the Gaj.

Mid-day- Heads to the bazaar.

Afternoon- Wanders the bazaar

Dusk- Heads to the Barrel for the night.

Dawn- Goes to the Gaj.

Something like that?

Vanth

Give NPCs a life
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2006, 07:04:13 PM »
Yep, exactly.

The7DeadlyVenomz

Give NPCs a life
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2006, 08:10:51 PM »
Is this only for Allanak and Tuluk?

What about Luir's, Red Storm, and other less known locals that are not nessessarily completely clan owned?

Furthermore, is this an effort by more than just you? In other words, are the various clan Immortals also contributing to this?

Also, according to your first contribution format, you described a limited regiment. Would it be better, however, to specify for each Hour or each Section of day, such as dawn, morning, noon, afternoon, evening, night?
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Vanth

Give NPCs a life
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2006, 08:43:15 PM »
I'm not as familiar with other cities/outposts as I am with Allanak and Tuluk, which is why this particular request is limited to those cities.

This is code that's available to all staff members, but we each have different things we enjoy doing.  I'm not sure who else is using this.  It's not a major focus of mine, just something I plan to do when not otherwise occupied.

I'd like each NPC to have about three different "shifts" so to speak.  Four total are possible.