Allanaki Traders

Started by Armaddict, March 17, 2006, 06:30:26 PM

Quote<worn on left ankle>     a token of Allanaki mercantilism

Just out of curiousity...

Does this seem odd to anyone else?  The token serves a specific purpose and is supposed to be seen.  It's something that represents that you're a trader.  Wearing it on the ankle?  What's the point of that?  I don't look down at ankles.

I think it should be worn on the wrist over jewelry any day, heh.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Yep, that seems odd.  Especially considering most people also wear boots or long pants...

the players that play realistically in-game are the good roleplayers. and as sanvean has stated in a previous post, praised.

if they neglect common sense and decide to wear those tokens on their ankles, then that is their choice. just don't be counting on any compliments from the staff.

realism applies to everything.
A foreign presence contacts your mind.

If it was twinky to be worn on the ankle it probably wouldn't have been flagged as such.

I've never had a PC who wore one anywhere other than the neck, as I recall, but I've never thought of it as advertising you're a merchant so much as a sign of permission to trade if the militia or templarate catches you selling.

I think you guys are being too picky on this one.

It does seem silly to wear it on your ankle.  When a templar or one of the Arm wants to see it, do you hike up your pants and hold up your foot to show them?
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

So, I've looked at it, and since it is on a cord, whats to stop you from tying it around the OUTSIDE of the boot/pants? Fine by me, its only there so the arm knows that you have paid your dues.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

I've seen some merchants keep their token in a pack and only pull it out when questions. I don't imagine this is really any worse, though I personally wouldn't walk around with something so important strapped to my ankle.
Brevity is the soul of wit." -Shakespeare

"Omit needless words." -Strunk and White.

"Simplify, simplify." Thoreau

Yeah, I gotta say that I think y'all being too picky too.  If there was a problem with it being worn on the ankle, it wouldn't be wearable on the ankle.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

I personally prefer to wear it on a wrist, but I agree with the other posters who're of the opinion that it wouldnt be coded to allow the ankle wearposition, if it wasnt realistic.

Perhaps on Zalanthas, the ankle is as important a body location as the neck!
The figure in a dark hooded cloak says in rinthi-accented Sirihish, 'Winrothol Tor Fale?'

Pretty nitpicky, in my opinion. I can see the reasoning behind it, but, for the most part, I just assume it is tied around the outside of the pants, closer to the calf. I picture most ankle worn things similar to this, though. I mean, really, who is going to wear a bandana or strip of cloth tied literally around their ankle? You step on it all the time. Mostly I think of these things as tied around about where the top of a boot would end.

Granted, no one would be able to see it when you were sitting at a table, but it's really just there to whip out whenever it's questioned. Aside from losing some usefulness as a conversation starter, I don't really see a problem.

EDIT: removed a dollar sign that some how worked its way into my post. o_O
eeling YB, you think:
    "I can't believe I just said that."

I've had many many merchants who took out their license/token only when questioned. Showing it all the time is not a necessity of law. It's simply advertisement.
And.. it does not say <worn on left ankle inside the pants>.. It says <worn on left ankle>. I know not all zalanthanians were genious people, but I'm sure they realize they have to wear it over the pants.
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

I'm getting called nitpicky here, but I'm not saying don't do it.  Was just something I noticed and...it was just an odd thought.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger