Face wraps, Masks, Bandanas...(x-light code solution)

Started by jmordetsky, March 14, 2006, 12:58:46 AM

So I was thinking about this again. What if we just tacked a line to the top or bottom of the mdesc stating:

[sdesc] facial features are [level] obscured by [object].

This would essentially stick the RP aspects of how to play wraps and hoods it into teh face of the PC population. It wouldn't solve the problem, but it would clarify what you "should" do in said situations.

Some examples:

The fat elf's facial features are partially obscured by the sandcloth hood.

The fat elf's facial features are moderately obscured by the sandcloth bandana.

The fat elf's facial features are almost completely obscured by the sandcloth facewrap.
If you gaze for long enough into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

www.j03m.com

I like it.  I'm a sucker for information.

Angela Christine
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

I like it too.  But I guess it could make a huge work going through all database searching for hoods, facewraps, masks and adjusting.
some of my posts are serious stuff

No problemo.  Set everything to go to "partially" by default, then update individual items as players bug them claiming "bug hood  My hood should moderately obscuring" or "bug hood My hood should be completely obscuring".  :P

Angela Christine
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

The same cloak/hood/facewrap would be bugged for many times, and each time checking it up would make an equally messy work, would not it?

Also we would be able to see "transperant, white silk hood" which obscures totally and such.
some of my posts are serious stuff

Another difficulty is that hoods should only obscure when "up" not just when "worn".  And bandanas should only obscure the face when worn on the face, wearing a bandana on your ankle should have no effect.  Tricky.

I still like it though.  Even if it might only work (easily) for facewraps and masks.

AC

This is an idea I do like actually, in the case of actually targeting people, in per say combat, it would help a lot.

I've had a couple of situations where a hooded gith starts attacking us and we're like ahhh can't keyword cloaked bleh bleh of course you could type assist, but still, it's a good idea (even though it has massive potential to be abused, seeing that people have a tendency to overlook those, and partially and moderately obscured would be vague at best, and left to be interpreted.)
"rogues do it from behind"
Quote[19:40] FightClub: tremendous sandstorm i can't move.
[19:40] Clearsighted: Good
[19:41] Clearsighted: Tremendous sandstorms are gods way of saving the mud from you.

I like it.

Seems a good solid simple solution to me.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job