Um, Game crashed I hope?

Started by Anonymous, March 05, 2006, 04:16:01 AM

I hate SBC.  :x

Can't Halaster kill them or something?
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

He would need an IC reason.
b]YB <3[/b]

Halaster has actually been sent on several occasions to destroy their many minions and has never returned with any result less than success.  Unfortunately, they multiply more quickly than even Hal's foul stench and ruthless, wanton destructiveness can overcome.

-- X

Quote from: "Xygax"Halaster has actually been sent on several occasions to destroy their many minions and has never returned with any result less than success.  Unfortunately, they multiply more quickly than even Hal's foul stench and ruthless, wanton destructiveness can overcome.

-- X

Would waving pieces of 'money'-green paper help give Halaster the power to kill SBC to fix the problem?

Join us next time on (Music: Dun dun dun!) Armageddon!

>drop pants
You do not have that item.

Yeah, every time I lag out I tracert ginka.armageddon.org, and it is ALWAYS Snet that is timing out.

It hurts.  Please make it stop.

Seeker
Sitting in your comfort,
You don't believe I'm real,
But you cannot buy protection
from the way that I feel.

Yeah...it was fixed for awhile but it seems to be back.
...so instead of stealing an uneaten one, like a normal person, I decided I wanted the one already in her mouth."

Best movies EVAR:
1. Boondock Saints
2. Green Street Hooligans
3. Fight Club

Norman Reedus is my hero.

The connection bar just keeps spinning...and spinning...and spinning...
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Quote from: "Fragmented"*sobs*

ditto. i was having great fun.
...so instead of stealing an uneaten one, like a normal person, I decided I wanted the one already in her mouth."

Best movies EVAR:
1. Boondock Saints
3. Fight Club

Seems to be doing it more often.

Somebody wake me up when it stops so I can log in.

Spawnloser, what galaxy you playing on Ogame and planet name, I need to raid for supplies:)

Have to admit, mildly addicting and nice backround game.

And any time you see 36+ people on the GDB, thats proof there is a problem with the game. Just like crashes during RPT's, poof, everybody to GDB...chuckle.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Ok, somebody take the mud offline for 3 minutes, hit the system restore, and go back to the old OS.  :twisted:

No dude, it's Snet, which is short for Smurfnet.  Or Sucksnet.  Or something.

It's not the game.
 n
[Near]
The lauramarsian, female human is standing here, patiently.

You think:
 "She almost makes it too easy..."

This post was most likely written by a belligerent drunk, please chase with salt.

Krath dammit it's back!! Right at a really important bit of rp too!

Best movies EVAR:
1. Boondock Saints
3. Fight Club

My spider senses tell me the game is down:

In total there are 18 users online :: 14 Registered, 2 Hidden and 2 Guests   [ Administrator ]   [ Moderator ]
Most users ever online was 75 on Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:41 am
Registered Users: Briarfox, Desertman, Fragmented, Inklings, Jherlen, Ktavialt, Larrath, Medena, Only He Stands There, pages2start, rishenko, Supreme Allah, ThirdEye, UnderSeven

Quote from: "X-D"Spawnloser, what galaxy you playing on Ogame and planet name, I need to raid for supplies:)
Heh, good luck man...I'm in universe 14...planet name is Shire Ferret (I'm CrackFerret on Ogame).
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Quote from: "spawnloser"
Quote from: "X-D"Spawnloser, what galaxy you playing on Ogame and planet name, I need to raid for supplies:)
Heh, good luck man...I'm in universe 14...planet name is Shire Ferret (I'm CrackFerret on Ogame).
aw, come join us on 10 spawn

Quote from: "X-D"Somebody wake me up when it stops so I can log in.
and seriously, what is up with snet!
quote="CRW"]i very nearly crapped my pants today very far from my house in someone else's vehicle, what a day[/quote]

I'm working on a hunch that it may not be an ISP issue, based on the regularity of the outages. In the case of the ISP being borked, it is usually either borked, or not borked. I have not seen it only be borked every hour on the hour. Keep in mind throughout this that traceroute is a useless opiate of the masses.

So, it's possible we're being search-engined, or are getting a large amount of spam during these times. I've throttled back the web server some (back to what it was set to before the OS upgrade), and I'm going to keep an eye on it.

I haven't experienced this lag yet, every time I'm on everything seems to be fine. So next time it happens, could one or two of you (not everybody) post the exact time here, that it happens? That way I can compare those times to our logs and see if something in particular is hitting us during those times. Our web logs seem to indicate spikes around 12:00, 15:00, and 20:00, EST, so far.

Thanks,

-S

One started at about 4 am EST, today (March 9).
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

The aforementioned lag burp started at 3:06 am and lasted unitl 3:19 am.

CST.
For those who knew him, my husband Jay, known as Becklee from time to time on Arm, died August 17th, 2008, from complications of muscular dystrophy.

Also, something else I've noticed since the new OS is zone lag is back, been gone for a couple years, was wondering if we should be reporting that too?
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

What exactly is your definition of "zone lag"?

Alright, its when certain areas lag every time you enter them.

One that has been around forever is the first couple spaces south of the walls of tuluk, east and west.

Its only a slight lag, maybe a second or two, but noticable and applies to all actions.

For a long time it did it west of the tuluk west gate to about 10 rooms south and 12 rooms or so west (never tested north) Then, it was gone, now, it seems it may be back.

Couple other spots too, but they are less known, probly considered IC, so I won't mention here. But I was wondering if we should in game, bug them or something?
Lizzie:

Another lag spike hit at 4am EST.