TMS Armageddon description.

Started by Hymwen, February 28, 2006, 06:39:37 AM

http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/dbman/db.cgi?db=default&uid=default&wf=1&view_records=1&MUD+Name=Armageddon+MUD

Just pointing out one thing: the database information for Armageddon
states that the MUD supports ANSI, which isn't really true. I planned to
write a review of a new player's impression of the MUD and stumbled
into this little error. :)

Not sure who is in charge of updating it (if it can be updated at all) but
it should be corrected if possible.
b]YB <3[/b]

Maybe it supports ANSI, but doesn't use it :)
Quote from: VanthA well-placed grunt can be worth a thousand words.

That's a bit mis-informing to people who choose which MUD to play based on the information they see there. :)
b]YB <3[/b]

Ansi is supported, however it is very minimal.  We have a toggle to turn it on and off, and it shows up in a few places.  However, I do agree that since it is not what people are used to (You do UNSPEAKABLE damage to the smurf) it probably should be at least qualified, if not removed.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

If I remember correctly, there was a brief period when they tried out ANSI the way it was on other muds.   But it was over 5 years ago, so I may be remembering a different mud.  At the time I remember they also showed the % number your skills were at.

What would be nice is basic style ansi.

Room names and exits have a color. PCs/mobiles have a color. Perhaps even objects have their own color.

Just to help make distinctions amongst pages of text.

Quote from: "grog"If I remember correctly, there was a brief period when they tried out ANSI the way it was on other muds.   But it was over 5 years ago, so I may be remembering a different mud.  At the time I remember they also showed the % number your skills were at.

You're probably remembering a different Mud. In 10 years, the ANSI system hasn't changed on Armageddon, as far as I'm aware.
Tlaloc
Legend

It was the skills themselves that were affected, on further reflection.   I could have sworn it was Armageddon.   It may have just been highlighting them like being hit in combat.    But I was also just learning zmud at the time, so it's more then possible that I was just confusing Zmud options and armgeddon code.  I'll assume that's the chase until otherwise proven different.

I use the ansi, if by the ansi you mean where it highlights in yellow or grey?  I like it helps me see when I'm being hit.