i'm very new...but

Started by , February 15, 2006, 06:29:57 PM

i'm just wundering how my i'm doing, i guess the question is how do i find out about my carma?

If you are very new, chances are, you havn't had enough time to accumulate karma yet.  If you have a great idea for a karma-restricted race or guild, though, you can special-app for it.  :)  The staff are really great about this.

After you've played a while, and are curious about how the staff sees your account, you can also mail the mud and request to see what notes have been made about your account.

There is also a command you can turn on that flags you to the staff -- it tells them that you want them to review your roleplaying.  I'm not quite sure what that command is (I've had it turned on, I believe, for a couple of months now)... I think its 'review'.  If this interests you, you may want to puruse the help files, or I'm sure someone else will follow up with the correct answer.

Vesperas answered it all pretty well.

The command is 'review'. However, to be perfectly honest, the Review command doesn't work. And asking for your account notes, in my experience, doesn't give you any useful information on your roleplaying.

If you really want some input on your roleplaying, send regular (weekly is best) updates to your clan Imms, or the Un-Clanned Imms if you are Indie, and after a few weeks, ask them how you are doing. Always remember to CC the mud account as well.

This is just from my experence. However, always remember this: No news is good news.  :wink:
Fear not death, for it is your destiny.

its about 4-months to a year of good rp and game play to get 1 point

some people who dont take the game so seriously can take a couple of years or never get any
dd my msn if you want, longvaladrien@hotmail.com

Quote from: "zbd2da"i'm just wundering how my i'm doing, i guess the question is how do i find out about my carma?
The obvious answer to your question, outside of contacting the staff, is to die.

See this thread on karma options available at creation.
quote="CRW"]i very nearly crapped my pants today very far from my house in someone else's vehicle, what a day[/quote]

Of course Lazloth is kidding here.  Killing yourself to check up on your karma is frowned upon.
, / ^ \ ,                   
|| --- || L D I E L

Quote from: "Aldiel"Of course Lazloth is kidding here.  Killing yourself to check up on your karma is frowned upon.
I wasn't suggesting suicide, heh; merely pointing out that you're able to assess in between characters.
quote="CRW"]i very nearly crapped my pants today very far from my house in someone else's vehicle, what a day[/quote]

Quote from: "adrien"its about 4-months to a year of good rp and game play to get 1 point

some people who dont take the game so seriously can take a couple of years or never get any

The first part of this statement has no basis in reality. The second part is very accurate.

There is no time-frame to be awarded karma. Some people will get it faster than others, simply because they are noticed, perhaps because of the roles they chose to play. If you feel you are being overlooked, email the mud and politely ask if your account could be reviewed for a possible boost to your karma. Sometimes, we just don't notice.
You give your towering mound of dung to the inordinately young-spirited Shalooonsh.
the inordinately young-spirited Shalooonsh sends:
     "dude, how'd you know I was hungry and horny?"

Quote from: "Sholdyn"send regular (weekly is best) updates to your clan Imms, or the Un-Clanned Imms if you are Indie

Good advice for indies.

thanks

- HK
- HK

Quote from: "Help Karma"Karma is simply a measure of trust that the staff members have in a
given player's:

- Degree of maturity and responsibility as a role-player, as evidenced
    by playing roles 'realistically.'

- Knowledge of the game world, and an appreciation of the way in which
    the various races, guilds, and so on, interact.

- Role-playing skill, as evidenced by role-playing in such a way as to
    show that they are really involved in the game world, and also
    enriching the game world for other players.

I do not want to be pelting you with helpfiles, but if you meet these standards, you might be awarded some karma. Also, if you feel like you've been overlooked, you can send a friendly e-mail to the mud account asking why you do not have any points.

>drop pants
You do not have that item.

Quote from: "zbd2da"i'm just wundering how my i'm doing, i guess the question is how do i find out about my carma?

As a new player, using Karma as the standard to judge how you're "doing" will probably end up being fatal.  You probably don't have any as a new player, and that's fine.  There will always be opportunities for karma after you've mastered the basics.

Instead look at how much fun you're having, and how much you understand the commands of the game and the world of Zalanthas.
Back from a long retirement