Does it...

Started by The Lonely Hunter, January 24, 2003, 11:02:15 PM

Does it annoy any of you imms when non-staff answers the 'ask the staff' questions instead of sticking to 'help I'm a newbie' and other threads?
"People survive by climbing over anyone who gets in their way, by cheating, stealing, killing, swindling, or otherwise taking advantage of others."
-Ginka

"Don't do this. I can't believe I have to write this post."
-Rathustra

quote="CRW"]i very nearly crapped my pants today very far from my house in someone else's vehicle, what a day[/quote]

I'd say it probably doesn't bother them one bit. I think alot of the players know as much as the Imms on things, and although they aren't staff, I think they can sometimes give as good if not better answers at times.

Of course there are some questions that only staff well be able to answer, or only staff should answer(Like this question, it's directed DIRECTLY at staff, but I'm answering it with a perfect answer I think) but that doesn't mean other peoples opinions are going to hurt anything.

Also, people know who is staff and who isn't staff, at least I would think they would know the Highlords and Storytellers are staff, the Legends are ex-staff but still know a good amount of stuff, and the Helpers are trusted people to help. So if your not sure about the information and it came from a player you can always not take that information as good untill a staff member backs it up.

Kind of like my post here... Don't take my word for it unless a staff says it's good information.

Creeper the doesn't want to be a staffer.
21sters Unite!

QuoteDoes it annoy any of you imms when non-staff answers the 'ask the staff' questions instead of sticking to 'help I'm a newbie' and other threads?

Nope, as long as the answer's right, heh. But even if it's not, it usually at least brings up good points or is otherwise informative. I usually try to chime in to let people know what the right answer is; it's far simpler for me if I can just say "So-and-so was right" rather than having to go through it all.

QuoteAre you still poking X-D?

Yep! Wanna give me a hand?
ree as a bird and joyfully my heart
Soared up among the rigging, in and out;
Under a cloudless sky the ship rolled on
Like an angel drunk with brilliant sun.
                                       - Charles Baudelaire

*Notes the irony in seeing non-staff answer a question posed directly to the staff as to whether or not they mind seeing people do just that and giggles before doing the same*

I just like chiming in.  Everything I state is, hopefully, expressed clearly as being my opinion and carrying no real weight.