Top Ten Bug Fixes

Started by Sanvean, January 23, 2003, 02:29:33 PM

well here are my ten

#1 well it would be cool if you could wiegh items to the exact wieght
#2 that katanas arent hard to find or make
#3 there should be more bird-like tameable animals companions things
#4 not so many long lasting sandstorms
aaaw cant think of any more anyways.
et the sword be youre guide let you guide the sword.

ok here are mine

#1 it would be cool to have a weigh command giveing you the exact wieght to see if that armor will make u fall ure ass off or make you fly.
#2 there should be more bird type animals that are tamible
#3 not so many long lasting sandstorms
#4 rangers having a unique skill to know where they are such at a command eg position to the east you will find allinak (#rooms)to the west to will find....ect.
#5 a new element like void ect called nature (something like that)
sorry cant think of any more :)
et the sword be youre guide let you guide the sword.

Wow! Kudos for making this thread! I love it for a treat (wouldn't want it to be the regular system though).

Don't know if anyone will check this, but I have a giant pet peeve. When I'm resting I can wear a backpack, take it off, whatever. BUT I cannot open or close it!!!!!! IMO I should be able to open it when resting. ;)

I'd typed out a verbose top ten but my post got eaten (invalid session?) So here's a brief list.

1. Subdue. Should be harder to immobilise someone than punch them.Currently easier to immobilise someone than hit them with a weapon, often.
2. Sneak. Should not be ignored by creatures with auto-flee or aggro flags.
3. Pack. Bug by design; you should be able to pack bags on creatures who can't bear your weight, hence pack without mounting.
4. Can't junk coins - makes it hard to rid yourself of money destined to support VNPC relatives.
5. "Calm" mentioned earlier, guess it's OK to post this. "Create Food" makes food which vanishes after a while. If you craft fruit created thusly into slices, it keeps indefinitely.
6. Directional emotes. Wart with use of brackets (that is, an inconsistency), cosmetic bug in lack of echo to player of result, wart with inability to use %!%#^ (last potentially awkward to fix, need to check 2 rooms for the keywords).
7. Cosmetic bug with analyze's lack of response.
8. Bug? NPCs guarding you desert you to attack your target if you initiate combat even at range in same room (using a spell which should be ranged by description of effects, anyway; not checked with archery).
9. Seeing people's clothing if hooded or masked over the Way; potentially bad for Dave Defiler who leads a double life with his mask.
10. Not really a bug, but could we have some way to tell bow pull besides selling it to a shop and buying it back?

If you only fix one, please let it be subdue.

Quirk
I am God's advocate with the Devil; he, however, is the Spirit of Gravity. How could I be enemy to divine dancing?

Quote from: "Quirk"5. "Calm" mentioned earlier, guess it's OK to post this. "Create Food" makes food which vanishes after a while. If you craft fruit created thusly into slices, it keeps indefinitely.
If you check January 26th Weekly Update you'll notice it says the create food spell was tweaked. I'm guessing this was the bug that got tweaked ;)

I'll second Quirk's number 4 about the junked coins. Imagine my annoyance when I go to 'give' the coins away and I can't. Bleh. ;)

I usually handle the "junk coins" problem by buying food or supplies for my family, and then junking that.

Yeah, I've done that. But it'd still be nice. Say you wanted to present them with a fair amount of coin to tide them over, etc..

Not terribly important, but still something I'd like to see.

you can also do "offer kalan 1000" and they'll take it :P

I agree, it'd be nice to be able to junk coins though.

Quote from: "Quirk"10. Not really a bug, but could we have some way to tell bow pull besides selling it to a shop and buying it back?

Fairly sure there's a method to check this; I think the simple 'view' shares that info.
quote="CRW"]i very nearly crapped my pants today very far from my house in someone else's vehicle, what a day[/quote]

Quote from: "Lazloth"
Quote from: "Quirk"10. Not really a bug, but could we have some way to tell bow pull besides selling it to a shop and buying it back?

Fairly sure there's a method to check this; I think the simple 'view' shares that info.

View only works when its in a merchant's inventory.  I think what's being said is that there is no way to determine pull short of using a merchant by selling the bow back to them.

Laz:  I think they're asking how to determine it without having to use view...  say for a crafted bow

Not sure if this works, but I have the distinct impression it does.

wield a missile, hold the bow and then:

shoot jsdhfkjshdf north

if it says no such target, you can use it.

If it says you can't pull it back, you can't.

I could be entirely wrong about that though; its just the impression I have.
Quote from: ZhairaI don't really have a problem with drugs OR sex
Quote from: MansaMarc's got the best advice.
Quote from: WarriorPoetIf getting loaded and screwing is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

Quote from: "Marc"Not sure if this works, but I have the distinct impression it does.

Yep, if memory serves, it does.
quote="CRW"]i very nearly crapped my pants today very far from my house in someone else's vehicle, what a day[/quote]

Quote from: "Marc"
wield a missile, hold the bow and then:

shoot jsdhfkjshdf north

A slender wooden flight arrow flies north and hits jsdhfkjshdf in the face.

emote Holding ~bow behind his back, @ whistles innocently and slowly inches away from the scene.
hang is actually...

That's fine for the bows which are too strong for you; but if using a bow that's far too weak for you has serious consequences (like a high chance of breaking the bow) the only way you'll find out it's too weak is by breaking it.

Quirk
I am God's advocate with the Devil; he, however, is the Spirit of Gravity. How could I be enemy to divine dancing?