>scan out

Started by Jakahri, January 04, 2006, 08:53:57 PM

The ability to scan the surroundings -outside- of the wagon you are guarding while others simply "watch out" would be a great benefit to this game for house guards and simple mercenaries who need to keep a sharp eye on things.

Basically, if one were on the loading ramp of a wagon, they would have a fairly wide view of the sands outside of the transport. Since the person does not have a full 360 degree view of their surroundings, there could be a slight negative to the attempt for those hiding or sneaking outside of a wagon?

>scan out
>You peer outside of a loading plank and intently scan the surrounding area.

Works just like "watch out" essentially.

Any takers?
Quote from: LauraMarsThis is an unrealistic game.

(which is part of its appeal)

No doubt. *flex*

Nevermind.  :wink:

No doubt. *flex*

Watch/scan do not work simultaneously.  It's either one or the other.

Which makes me sulk.

QuoteAfter using the skill, a period of time will ensue
during which your character be able to see these things.

This means that you type scan and for x minutes you're able to see hidden crap. I'm fairly certain that it's not a room specific scan.

Khorm is right, it's not.

That is strange that one cannot scan/watch at the same time. Perhaps a code issue.

No doubt. *flex*

Actually, I've thought that you should be able to do both at the same time. You are just focusing your attention to a particular area. "Scanning that area for anything suspicious."
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

I don't really see why you should be able to watch and scan at the same time.  If you're watching a direction, you're practically staring there and you shouldn't be able to notice people creeping around behind you.
And if you're looking around all the time in an attempt to find irregularities in the shadows and the air around you, you might have a hard time seeing that there's a tregil creeping around two leagues away.

Wagons I'm not really sure about.  When you're standing on the rear of the wagon and you're looking around, it's probably easy to miss things creeping around.  Especially if it's invisible.

Makes a small difference right now, though, since PCs attacking a travelling wagon without staff assistance seems practically impossible right now.
Quote from: Vesperas...You have to ask yourself... do you love your PC more than you love its contribution to the game?

Quote from: "Larrath"I don't really see why you should be able to watch and scan at the same time.  If you're watching a direction, you're practically staring there..
One thing I dislike about the watch implementation is that it "sticks" through combat and movement, foraging and any number of "attention-demanding" activities, and that's somewhat inconsistent with scan.  (Personally, I think scan-v-watch is a fair tradeoff.)
quote="CRW"]i very nearly crapped my pants today very far from my house in someone else's vehicle, what a day[/quote]

Quote from: "Larrath"I don't really see why you should be able to watch and scan at the same time.  If you're watching a direction, you're practically staring there and you shouldn't be able to notice people creeping around behind you.
And if you're looking around all the time in an attempt to find irregularities in the shadows and the air around you, you might have a hard time seeing that there's a tregil creeping around two leagues away.

Wagons I'm not really sure about.  When you're standing on the rear of the wagon and you're looking around, it's probably easy to miss things creeping around.  Especially if it's invisible.

Makes a small difference right now, though, since PCs attacking a travelling wagon without staff assistance seems practically impossible right now.

I see it as more of a focused scan. You are looking to a certain area for anything hidden. Not that you are focused on an area and are seeing things hidden outside of that area.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D