Reversing Disarms.

Started by Moofassa, January 03, 2006, 11:56:07 PM

When you have a much more skilled disarm than another character who is attempting a disarm, you at times reverse the attack upon no prompting of your own.

They disarm you, you reverse.

Now, in that, there is the possibility that you drop your own weapon as you reverse.

EX:
You lead the pink, pinkophant's attempt to disarm you and reverse it.
You attempt to knock the sword from the pink, pinkophant's hands, but fumble and drop your own weapon instead!

To me this seems a little off. It gives the less-skilled person the same effect as a regular un-reversed disarm. I tend to believe that if you are skilled enough to reverse their attempt, you wouldn't drop it. Why attempt to reverse it if you think you may drop it. You would simply avoid their disarm.

I didn't choose to reverse, therefore I should not be penalized with dropping my weapon.

Anyone agree? Comment? Want to stone me?
your mother is an elf.

I want to stone you.

If you failed, then obviously you only did it because your pc thought it could. When it couldn't, they should be penalized?
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

Maybe if you were a perfectly calculating automoton that argument -would- hold some weight; instead, you're playing some sort of a humanoid with obvious faults and blemishes: one of such is judgement (which is NEVER perfect and especially in the heat of battle). This is, of course, a logical explanation for a certain code. Simply, I'm sure, it was much easier to code as it currently stands (you can correct me on this)?

Semper Pax,

Dirr

Through your experience in that area, you happened to read them enough to know they were trying to disarm you and to try and reverse it on them. While experienced enough to prevent their disarm initially, you screwed up the reversal attempt and lost your own weapon in the process. The reversal is more advanced than a normal disarm.

It's like...you figured out how to walk, then how to run, and you are in the process of learning how to fly.

If that makes any sense.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

Don't want to reverse disarms?  Try "nosave on".  That might work.  It might give them 100% chance to disarm you though, like subdue.  Try it out.

Hey man, at least the results end you up just weaponless.  I'd like to see random eye-ectomies.  Occulectomy?  I don't know.  The point is that you can lose an eye doing that.

Fumbly fumbly stabby stabby blindy blindy.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.