"Feel" command

Started by Ritley, December 18, 2005, 10:46:01 AM

This command is amazing. At first I thought it was a command to feel a object to get more detail on a object I was wrong though, it's better. It enables you to show what your character is feeling without writing three lines of think. Good job staff! anyway, does feel send a message to the staff like think does?

Yes, we can see it in monitor.  We see everything!  MUahahha!

The only command that sends a message to the staff is the wish command.  You shouldn't use think or feel for communicating with the staff, please.

As Ashyom mentioned, staffers monitoring you can see your thinks and feels, but they should not be treated as forms of staff communication.  Not all staffers are monitoring all players all the time.  Even a particular staffer who has sent you a message directly may not be monitoring your thinks and feels or be in the same room with you (which means we may not see OOCs either).

So, unless that staffer specifically suggests otherwise, please stick with the wish command.  Think and feel are IC commands, not OOC ones.

-- X

PS--  I realize this probably isn't exactly what you meant, Ritley, but it is worth mentioning.  A lot of confusion ensues when we're communicating with a player who doesn't seem to be responding, or when we only get chunks of the conversation.

A good rule of thumb is to always use the same method of communication, that has been used on you.

For example, if someone uses 'Send' to contact your player directly, use the wish command to respond (either directly, if you can see them, or to the whole staff, if you can't). Otherwise, if someone uses 'OOC' to contact you, use the OOC command to respond.
Tlaloc
Legend

Just wanted to add: Lots of people have been using the new feel command and it's really encouraging. Some of you have come out with some hilarious feels. Keep up the good work!
You give your towering mound of dung to the inordinately young-spirited Shalooonsh.
the inordinately young-spirited Shalooonsh sends:
     "dude, how'd you know I was hungry and horny?"