How Not to Get Your Wish Answered

Started by Halaster, November 15, 2005, 02:54:54 PM

"if an imm for Clan X is online, it'd be cool if you could quick contact me please"

"is Buffy on?"

"Is anyone there?"

Please, please, please, please read the wish helpfile before wishing up.  A few important excerpts from help wish:

QuoteAs mentioned above, wishes should be TO THE POINT. Do not wish things such as, "Is anyone around?" or "Is Kelvik on?" or "I have a bug." If you have a bug, then use the bug command to say what it is, don't just wish that you have found a bug.

QuoteIf you are wishing up requesting something to do with where you are standing, please wait at least a couple of minutes before walking away.

Here are a few good examples of wishes:

> wish all I'd like to talk to this templar NPC, please, in order to get a merchant's license.  Would someone mind roleplaying him?

> wish all I'm a new Clan X member, would someone be available to  help me get setup?

> wish all There's a huge brawl erupting in the Gaj!
"I agree with Halaster"  -- Riev

You want us to wish up about brawls?  Well, that's handy to know. :)  Thanks
es, Narnia, the film that teaches kids that Jesus is a lion that kills people by biting them in the face...

I don't think you need to wish up if you and one other guy are going to use the brawl code in the gaj. However, if it is errupting into 6 people smashing beer bottles and a mul gone wild, you might want to think about it.
Sometimes I feel less like an immortal and more like a drug dealer.

If only because you guys like to watch 'cool stuff', right?

I think it's mainly because they need to make sure the VNPC and NPC's act accordingly to the fight happening around them, but I think watching cool stuff has something to do with it. :)

On the topic, do you guys like people wishing up when 'something cool' is about to happen, or only when there should potentially be some sort of intervention?

Quote from: "Rindan"On the topic, do you guys like people wishing up when 'something cool' is about to happen, or only when there should potentially be some sort of intervention?
You have to be careful with this one, if only because some people have different definitions of "cool" than yours.

Quotewish all My character's about to GET SOME!  w00t
is not as interesting to us as
Quotewish all I'm about to summon a wyvern-slaying demon to do my bidding!
Obviously there are mundane alternatives that are equally interesting.  Usually, though, we have enough monitoring tools to tell us when interesting things are happening, and if you're about to engage in tremendously interesting roleplay, hopefully you've e-mailed some staffer about it in advance.  If something really remarkable comes up on the spur of the moment, sure.  Go for it and wish up.  But please be sparing with this.

-- X

Quotewish all My character's about to GET SOME! w00t

Would a proper response to that be to infect the offender with a coded Arm STD?  I think it's a great deterrent... :)

Kidding aside, I rarely if ever have wished up unless there was a coded problem or something I just could not figure out without intervention that was necessary on the part of an immortal.    Thank you for the detailed information on what things are proper to wish up on, because in the future I may come across such a situation.
Quote from: ShalooonshTuluk: More Subtly Hot. If you can't find action in Tuluk, you're from Allanak.
Quote from: Southie"In His Radiance" -> I am a traitor / I've been playing too much in Tuluk recently.

> wish all I wish this wish would not be granted.
quote="Larrath"]"On the 5th day of the Ascending Sun, in the Month of Whira's Very Annoying And Nearly Unreachable Itch, Lord Templar Mha Dceks set the Barrel on fire. The fire was hot".[/quote]

Quote from: "JollyGreenGiant"> wish all I wish this wish would not be granted.
Thanks for destroying the universe with a paradox.  Again.

Other good uses of wish:

Quote> wish all Hey, I'm about to break into the House House estate and rob them  (although, the -best- approach would be to email the staff for that clan, this is also a good use)

Quote> wish all My wagon got duplicated and there's 4 in the room!

Quote> wish all Uhm, some people are kanking in the Bard's Barrel, just to let you know - the NPC's probably would have noticed by now!

So yeah, things where NPC's/vNPC's should react are a prime use of the wish command, even though your character may not be instigating the event.
"I agree with Halaster"  -- Riev

wish all I wish that bastard Lord Templar Fuckface was standing right here in front of me now so I could gut him.

think That stupid fuck threatening to kill -me- next time he sees me. *anger*

*POOF*

Your surroundings fade away.

look

A room.

Blah blah blah and stuff. Some more stuff and walls and stones and stuff.

The penis-nosed, cold-eyed templar is standing here, smiling cruelly.

A half-giant soldier of Tektolnes is standing here.

wish all Just one thing before I see the mantis head....Halaster.....or Ness?

:twisted:
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D