I'm Already Hooked

Started by Malforos, October 27, 2005, 08:45:01 PM

This game already has me hooked, and I haven't even played it yet. The rich thought process that went into designing this unique and elaborate world is unbelievable! I've been planning out my character today, and I hope to submit my application tomorrow. I want to wait so I can graze overnight on my character's information. I've read that lengths are measured by inches and cords, and weight is measured by stones, five-stones, ten-stones, and hundred-stones. Do the height and weight formats in the character registration have to match up with those measurments, or our measurments? I hope I will be accepted into this community and enjoy the experience that you all do.

Welcome!   You think you're hooked now...just wait until you play.

When you enter your character application, you'll be asked for your character's height in inches and weight in ten-stones.
So if you're tired of the same old story
Oh, turn some pages. - "Roll with the Changes," REO Speedwagon

Heh.  Wait until you get into the game.  I just started playing again after trying it a while back.  Wow..to say the least.
he machinery of government is always subordinate to the will of those who administer that machinery. The most important element of government, therefore, is the method of choosing leaders.

Quote from: "flurry"Welcome!   You think you're hooked now...just wait until you play.

When you enter your character application, you'll be asked for your character's height in inches and weight in ten-stones.
Thank you. I was a bit confused on this topic.

Quote from: "Earendur"Heh.  Wait until you get into the game.  I just started playing again after trying it a while back.  Wow..to say the least.
I can't wait until I play.

Don't put your current character into your posts or signature.  Keep all IC-sensative information out of the GDB.  We like to stay secretive and mysterious.

Welcome to the addiction.
*blank* hmms to himself, carefully peeing across the ground.

Quote from: RaesanosI want to kill everyone.

Welcome to Armageddon.
I know you probably already found this one, but I like pointing it out. :) So... on http://www.armageddon.org/intro/helpers.html is the list of Helpers. Feel free to contact one of all with questions you might have about the MUD.

Quote from: "Hexxaex"Don't put your current character into your posts or signature.  Keep all IC-sensative information out of the GDB.  We like to stay secretive and mysterious.

Welcome to the addiction.
I'm sorry! I didn't know that. Is it posted somewhere? I haven't read it. It's out now, sorry about that, good thing I didn't have a character in it yet.

Quote from: "Elgiva"Welcome to Armageddon.
I know you probably already found this one, but I like pointing it out. :) So... on http://www.armageddon.org/intro/helpers.html is the list of Helpers. Feel free to contact one of all with questions you might have about the MUD.
Yes, I have seen it. Thank you for the link and the welcome though!

HELLO NEWCOMER.  I AM GLAD YOU ARE JOINING "US."

don't ask me questions. I'm too new.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Quote from: "LauraMars"HELLO NEWCOMER.  I AM GLAD YOU ARE JOINING "US."

don't ask me questions. I'm too new.
Thank you. Your font is rather large and bold.

Welcome. Make sure you play in Allanak, it'll toughen you up.
"A man's reputation is what other people think of him; his character is what he really is."

Quote from: "RunningMountain"Welcome. Make sure you play in Allanak, it'll toughen you up.
I will, thank you.

sup  :twisted:
A foreign presence contacts your mind.

Yeah, and go ahead and submit your character now.  Don't spend too long creating him until you're sure he won't die.
Back from a long retirement

Say goodbye to your friends and family.  And sunlight.  You'll rarely see them ever again.

Oh, and find a place online that will deliver groceries to your door, and preferably at night so that there's no natural light to kill your eyes when they show up.
quote="mansa"]emote pees in your bum[/quote]

Welcome! You have friends that might be interested, drag them along for the ride...it's gonna be a blast!

Quote from: "Manhattan"sup  :twisted:
Hello.

Quote from: "EvilRoeSlade"Yeah, and go ahead and submit your character now.  Don't spend too long creating him until you're sure he won't die.
I want to spend time going over a good character first.

Quote from: "Tamarin"Say goodbye to your friends and family.  And sunlight.  You'll rarely see them ever again.

Oh, and find a place online that will deliver groceries to your door, and preferably at night so that there's no natural light to kill your eyes when they show up.
Good idea. :wink:

Quote from: "jhunter (2l2l)"Welcome! You have friends that might be interested, drag them along for the ride...it's gonna be a blast!
I had a friend that might have been interested, but she never picked up on it.

Also, I have found where it says not to post characters on the boards or in your signature. At the very top where it says, "This board is for general discussion of Armageddon MUD. No flames, no IC-sensitive information." I'm sorry once again for not paying attention to it.

Hi there! In my limited experience, staying alive is only as difficult as you make it on yourself. Common sense will take you a long way! Unfortunately, going the safe route is rarely as fun as taking risks  :twisted: So, spend all the time you want on a good character and don't worry that they'll die as soon as they enter the game!

Oh, I also recommend having a folder for backup characters. If I'm bored and there's a lull then I'll work on them. It's always fun :D

One more thing! This website is REALLY useful. Keep it open behind your mud client for quick reference while playing. I still use it.
..and the puppet explodes.

Quote from: "Puppet"Hi there! In my limited experience, staying alive is only as difficult as you make it on yourself. Common sense will take you a long way! Unfortunately, going the safe route is rarely as fun as taking risks  :twisted: So, spend all the time you want on a good character and don't worry that they'll die as soon as they enter the game!

Oh, I also recommend having a folder for backup characters. If I'm bored and there's a lull then I'll work on them. It's always fun :D

One more thing! This website is REALLY useful. Keep it open behind your mud client for quick reference while playing. I still use it.
I do have a character folder that I'm currently developing a character in. Thank you for the link.

Welcome to CRACKAGEDDON.
"I agree with Halaster"  -- Riev

Quote from: "Halaster"Welcome to CRACKAGEDDON.
Thank you.

Quote from: "Malforos"Thank you. Your font is rather large and bold.

It's because I am rather large.  Oh, and bold.
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Welcome to the best game in the world! if I were you I'd pick Allanak as a starting city and join the Byn.  Don't go out into the desert much unless your a ranger. And well have fun. Which I am sure you will do. I can't give you much advice though, because I supose I'm still quite new although I play this game 10 hrs + a day.

Eww, color me giddy! Another seemingly innocent pedestrian ripe to be converted (or subverted) into a drug-addled Crackaggedon fiend.

In all seriousness, though: Welcome to the game. Stock up on caffeine products - coffee, soda, pills, whatever - personally I find it most conducive to my nocturnal roleplaying habits if I hook an IV into my arm to feed an intravenous supply into my bloodstream. You'll thank me later. Or you'll shift in and out of a catatonic state interspersed with a serious case of the shakes. Either way.

Ahem. Yeah.
Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through the experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired and success achieved."

-Helen Keller

Tempus Fugit, Tempus Frangit