Pet Peeves

Started by Medena, October 26, 2005, 06:21:36 PM

Yeah that's bugged me before too. The trick is to chase them until they can't run any more.

Quote from: X-D on August 20, 2011, 12:44:05 AM
Well, I hate people that hate people that don't agree with them...so there.

Ow!
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Quote from: Barzalene on August 19, 2011, 10:25:34 PM
Quote from: Cutthroat on August 19, 2011, 10:05:41 PM
It's funny how the pet peeves players had six years ago still exist in some ways today.

I have always hated people not agreeing with me.

It's not my fault that my position is unassailable. I win the thread.

Someone more responsible than me should lock it now.  ;)
NOFUN:
Random Armageddon.thoughts: fuck dwarves, fuck magickers, fuck f-me's, fuck city elves and nerf everything I don't use
Maxid:
My position is unassailable.
Gunnerblaster:
My breeds discriminate against other breeds.

That's how hardcore I am.

Has anyone said that Nyr is their pet peeve in this thread yet?
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Staff inevitably is everyones pet peeve at -some- point, but they do good work.

Nyr was my pet peeve for awhile, but I think someone's been slipping him bran muffins in the morning lately. So now he's not. It's really fucking with my routine. I hate when my routine gets fucked with. It's a pet peeve.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Speed walking! Speed Walking! and someone saying/telling something that should get a response and them leaving. Seriously, if your just going to walk away wave or something. Hmmm, another pet peeve of mine is the non-emoting has flee or something on alias people that will spam flee until their half way across city/known/ or what have you. Or better yet open a fucking door while someone is trying to kill you after unlocking the mother fucker. All without emoting, getting the key out of it's container.

Seriously your bleeding, maybe tainted, your adrenailine (can't spell to early) is pumping your hands a shaking. Your not going to be running easily anywhere, toss out something a quick look over your shoulder, trip over some shit you didn't see, and scramble up. stop every once in a goddamn while to look over your shoulder, yes we all love our characters. Yes we don't want to see them die but come the fuck on, stop fucking abusing the motherfucking flee code. Your half way to 0 you ain't fucking superman, your a shit thats half dead. Your in an apartment that locked door is going to slow you the fuck down. Get your adrenaline going and try to unlock a door.

mmmm thats some of my pet peeves.
Sweet chaos let it unfold upon the land.
Guided forever by my adoring loving hand.
It is I the nightmare that sleeps but shall wake.

August 20, 2011, 12:30:03 PM #132 Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 12:32:21 PM by Bacon
A locked door...-does- slow you down just by nature of having to take the time to use the commands to unlock it and get out. I see no reason they should be expected to throw out emotes and make it take even longer to escape. You don't want them to escape, have a partner guard the door. Using coded commands, if it is IC is still roleplay. Lack of extra emotes (while nice) do not mean that there is no roleplay.

Also, I see no reason to expect the pc who is a victim of an attack to suddenly become a horror movie cliche, falling down, tripping over stuff, looking over their shoulder instead of just running their ass off until you're left far behind.  ::)

On track: My pet peeve, people who judge the roleplay of others to be poor due to their own wish to "win".
"Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon."
~ Doug Larson

"I tried regular hot sauce, but it just wasn't doing the trick, so I started blasting my huevos with BEAR MACE."
~Synthesis

August 20, 2011, 12:40:42 PM #133 Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 12:52:06 PM by Clavis
Quote from: Bacon on August 20, 2011, 12:30:03 PM
A locked door...-does- slow you down just by nature of having to take the time to use the commands to unlock it and get out. I see no reason they should be expected to throw out emotes and make it take even longer to escape. You don't want them to escape, have a partner guard the door. Using coded commands, if it is IC is still roleplay. Lack of extra emotes (while nice) do not mean that there is no roleplay.

Also, I see no reason to expect the pc who is a victim of an attack to suddenly become a horror movie cliche, falling down, tripping over stuff, looking over their shoulder instead of just running their ass off until you're left far behind.  ::)

On track: My pet peeve, people who judge the roleplay of others to be poor due to their own wish to "win".

I really don't care about winning if I did I would of done something very recently alot different then what I did. and from watching others I probably could of just ran until I was half way across the known instead of stopping to look back, to emote running and bleeding. So let me add this pet peeve : people assuming shit, assumptions are the mother of all fuck ups if you haven't rp'd with me please keep your assumptions up your ass and not on any of your posts.

to clarify: I play to rp to emote and not just use the code the code isn't their as the end all. and people may have alias's and triggers to unlock that door and open it and run out of the room all by pushing two or three buttons on their keyboard.

editted: as for the horror movie cliche seriously have you been in a high stress situtation and go hauling ass? Specially in most pc apartments where things are just strewn about? Run over uneven ground suddenly a hole their where your running? As for spam fleeing is it really ic for a human on foot to outrun an elf? because while the human can type n s e s s s e and suddenly the elf that should still be able to see him has to type look then the direction then look again or go through the delay of hunt?
Sweet chaos let it unfold upon the land.
Guided forever by my adoring loving hand.
It is I the nightmare that sleeps but shall wake.

August 20, 2011, 01:14:32 PM #134 Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 01:16:59 PM by Bacon
Quoteas for the horror movie cliche seriously have you been in a high stress situtation and go hauling ass?

Yep. I've been chased by someone carrying a gun. I did not, stop to look over my shoulder, trip and fall over shit etc. I just beat feet until I was safe. And this was off a path or road, at night, with no moon above to light my way.

And watch the borderline flaming. I wasn't flaming you.

QuoteAs for spam fleeing is it really ic for a human on foot to outrun an elf?

Due to sheer speed of feet? No. But was the elf running? Was it a straight line chase? Or was the human changing directions, etc?
"Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon."
~ Doug Larson

"I tried regular hot sauce, but it just wasn't doing the trick, so I started blasting my huevos with BEAR MACE."
~Synthesis

Like I said a few posts back...
Quote from: Decameron on September 16, 2010, 04:47:50 PM
Character: "I've been working on building a new barracks for some tim-"
NPC: "Yeah, that fell through, sucks but YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIREEE!! FIRE-KANKS!!"