how city elves should be

Started by P-ton, January 17, 2003, 10:29:04 AM

What should city elf tribes be like?

Like 'Colors' except its not South Central its a fantasy desert world.
3 (12%)
like d-elf tribes stuck between walls
2 (8%)
like large loyal families that llive together in the city
5 (20%)
None of these choices. something entirely different
15 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Voting closed: January 17, 2003, 10:29:04 AM

What should city elves be like
should they be street gangs roaming thier turf in 'rinth pick pocketing and pushing spice?
or should they be like d-elves stuck in between walls?
or should they just be large loyal families that live in the city together not necessarily commiting crimes or such
or shoudl they be something entirley diffferent than these 3 suggestions?
 A G L E S EAGLES!!

They should be all sorts of things.  Since elves are the second most numerous race on the face of the Zalanthas it only makes sense that they would be as diverse as their numbers.

I imagine there would be some like the elves in the 'rinth, out looking to take by force from those stupid enough to wander onto their turf.

I imagine there would be some selling in the bazaar or in the commoner's quarters, who would seem reputable enough.

I further imagine that some would be clinging to their tribal heritages.

What's important is -why- they are like that.  What motivates them.

Although how can be debated I would think there would be a well known difference between any city vs. "sandy" dwellers.

A few differences I could see would be dress, look, and style.

I would think city elves would dress more like other city folk.  The dress is more of a location thing than say race.  

City elves might simply look less harsh.  True that all the game is harsh, but buildings and just more indoor activities in general.

I would think city elves would have a different style.  People would tend to be more trusting of them (than of other elves) because it would be assumed folks in the city are simply watched more than somone who does not deal with other folks that often.  At the same time the city would also provide more meditation time.  Where as in the harsher desert one might be more accustomed to hack and slash at what is avalible... the city ones might be a little more crafty, more cunning, take bigger chances BECAUSE they can take the time to do more planning.  

(Its the same as in our world... all crime happens everywhere but the cities tend to produce more gangs than say bozos in the country that just rob whoever)  

just a thought
"The Highlord casts a shadow because he does not want to see skin!" -- Boog

<this space for rent>