Automated rent for automated apartment script

Started by elvenchipmunk, October 19, 2005, 07:17:58 PM

I'm going to get straight to the point here. As the title says, I think it would be very good if, somehow, the rent for having an apartment could be paid automatically.

What I mean by this is that, is when/if it's toggled on (Yes it would be good to have a choice to toggle it on or off I think), maybe you could pay an extra 10% of your rent or something which goes to Nenyuk (the extra 10% does) and then Nenyuk will take the 'sids out of your account, and pay the people at the apartment with your coins. So, if the way I've said to do this (ie Nenyuk takes your money out for you), I would like to hear other ways this could be done.

I think this would be a good addition to the apartment script because then you wouldn't have to worry about being in the city that your apartment's in to pay the rent (as in you're on a contract with the Byn perhaps), it would also avoid having to be logged in the exact day that your rent is finished, even though I know you can pay it in advance, it would still save time IMO. It would also avoid even having to be logged in at all to pay (Maybe you want to go do something oocly the night that your rent is due icly).

So...that's pretty much all I have to say, if I think of more, I'll be sure to edit it when. But anyways, I'd like to hear opinions.

(So you all know, I've already idea's this, as I know the staff are the only ones who will change it, but I've just got this topic up so I can see what the playerbase feels about this idea. I personally think it's super dee duper)
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
-Winston Churchill

Sounds like a good idea to me. I'd hate to lose my apartment because my computer exploded.
eeling YB, you think:
    "I can't believe I just said that."

Keep in mind, if there's an reason that keeps you away from Arm for an extended period, and you can't pay rent, you're welcome to email the mud and make arrangements.  Otherwise...if you know you're going to be gone for a bit, or your rent is due soon, it's wise to pay early.

You can email Raesanos with this idea.  He's the genius behind this script.
-A

I'd just like to be able to pay further in advance.

Maybe set up a system of gradiants. Make it more expensive to buy more time. Have the monthly rate go up by 100 a month.

One month: 500 coins.
Two months: 1200 coins.
Three months: 2100 coins.
Four months: 3200 coins.

It wouldn't be a requirement, and you'd be able to renew every month like normal, but the rich and/or forgetful would have an option.
Brevity is the soul of wit." -Shakespeare

"Omit needless words." -Strunk and White.

"Simplify, simplify." Thoreau

Quote from: "Cale_Knight"I'd just like to be able to pay further in advance.

Maybe set up a system of gradiants. Make it more expensive to buy more time. Have the monthly rate go up by 100 a month.

One month: 500 coins.
Two months: 1200 coins.
Three months: 2100 coins.
Four months: 3200 coins.

It wouldn't be a requirement, and you'd be able to renew every month like normal, but the rich and/or forgetful would have an option.

That doesn't make sense. It would be the same amount or less if anything. Because they are guaranteed the coins even if you die before the time is up or something else happens.

"Cool...he paid us for four months in advance and got ate by a mek...now we can rent it out to someone else and keep his coins."

Also, Nenyuk is who usually runs all the rentals in the first place. Them just taking it directly from your account would make things easier for them. I think, like someone else suggested, that if you rent an apartment it should be withdrawn from your account when the time comes. Then all you have to worry about it keeping the coins in the bank.

Personally, I liked having to find a pc to deal with to rent an apartment like it was previously. Sure, it could take a while to get in touch with them to pay it but my damned room would still be there so long as I had the coins to pay what I owed.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

Here's the only thing I don't like... suppose somebody rents a neat apartment, has enough money in the bank to support it for 5 years in advance... but then for whatever reason stops logging in totally. Now nobody else can rent that apartment either.

Quote from: "ale six"Here's the only thing I don't like... suppose somebody rents a neat apartment, has enough money in the bank to support it for 5 years in advance... but then for whatever reason stops logging in totally. Now nobody else can rent that apartment either.

I'm sure this would be a very rare case, and if this happened, the staff could most likely arrange something.

Also, I think it would be rare that there's one apartment that you -must- have. Even if you really want that apartment, there's probably another one nearby for around the same price, and nearly the same type of apartment.
-Winston Churchill

I doubt it would be a rare occurrence.  People die all the time, even rich people.  It's not really fair that a dead person rent an apartment for five IC years, and no one else that needs it can.
Quote from: AnaelYou know what I love about the word panic?  In Czech, it's the word for "male virgin".

Why not just extend the maximum rent time to an IC month?
Any questions, comments, or condemnations to an eternity of fiery torment?

Waving a hammer, the irate, seething crafter says, in rage-accented sirihish :
"Be impressed.  Now!"

Without commenting on the idea, I did want to clarify the reasoning behind automating.

Very few players found the role of a Nenyuki agent satisfying for more than a short period, because it requires a lot of organization and feels a lot like an actual job.

The frequent lack of a Nenyuki agent in the past, in my opinion, was a lot more harmful to the playerbase than the lack of a Salarr, Kuraci, or Kadian.  Housing is something we'd like to have available to all players, and it's a more basic need than that "silken robe of seduction +2".
Nyr: newbs killing newbs
Nyr: hot newb on newb violence
Ath: Mmmmmm, HOT!

Quote from: "Cuusardo"I doubt it would be a rare occurrence.  People die all the time, even rich people.  It's not really fair that a dead person rent an apartment for five IC years, and no one else that needs it can.

By very rare I meant that people don't stop logging in totally very often, which is what was said in my other quote.

Quote from: "ale six"but then for whatever reason stops logging in totally

So I do agree that people die often, but I don't know of too many people who stop logging in totally, while they have a character rich enough to own an apartment.
-Winston Churchill

I would like to see the rent system changed to a by month rate.

125 days is kindof awkward, especially for roommates.

Proxie
For those who knew him, my husband Jay, known as Becklee from time to time on Arm, died August 17th, 2008, from complications of muscular dystrophy.

I also would like to see the prepay amount extended to a full month, for the obvious reasons.