Poll

Milwaukee or Madison

Milwaukee
19 (42.2%)
Madison
26 (57.8%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Voting closed: September 23, 2005, 02:42:58 AM

Author Topic: Wisconsin 2006  (Read 10180 times)

j0ram

Wisconsin 2006
« on: September 21, 2005, 11:54:22 PM »
The Punman and I have been discussing doing another Wisconsin gathering this year, either in Milwaukee or Madison. Likely the early-spring time frame.

Interest?

(please only vote if you are planning on attending or giving serious consideration to attending)

mansa

Wisconsin 2006
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2005, 11:59:39 PM »
drinking with old people, talking about a video game, how boring can that be. im so surprised that someone would bring this up. we should just mock it. what a silly idea. i have giant balls on my head. quotient. fork

By which I mean I'll be there!
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Cyrian20

Wisconsin 2006
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2005, 06:52:11 AM »
yeah...
quote="Tisiphone"]Just don't expect him to NOT be upset with you for trying to steal his kidney with a sharp, pointy stick.[/quote]
The weak may inherit the earth, but they won’t last two hours on Zalanathas

Dracul

• FB
Wisconsin 2006
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2005, 02:55:27 PM »
Heheh. I think I'm in. I live in green bay and travel to milwuakee or madison is actually doable.
Veteran Newbie

UnderSeven

Wisconsin 2006
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2005, 04:34:19 PM »
The last time was fun, I may or may not be interested depending on where or when.

Irulan

Wisconsin 2006
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2005, 06:20:31 PM »
You guys know that Red Ranger and I would be willing to come if it is possible with our schedules. As long as we have plenty of notice to make sure we can get some time off from work.

-Irulan
Mal: "Well they tell you: never hit a man with a closed fist. But it is, on occasion, hilarious."
---
Inara: "Thank you for the wine. It's very... fresh."

Mal: "To Kaylee, and her inter-engine fermentation system.”

path

• they fight crime
Wisconsin 2006
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2005, 07:10:58 PM »
I'm going to see what I can do about getting there.
Do you kill your sparring partners once they are useless to you, so that you are king?

Cyrian20

Wisconsin 2006
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2005, 07:13:44 PM »
I live in Cali, but it's closer then the last APM so maybe maybe
quote="Tisiphone"]Just don't expect him to NOT be upset with you for trying to steal his kidney with a sharp, pointy stick.[/quote]

j0ram

Wisconsin 2006
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2005, 08:29:50 PM »
Well, we've got some interest, so let's break down the options.

Probably looking March or April, nice long 3 or 4 day weekend. Any one time frame work better than others for folks?

And then we have the choice between Madison or Milwaukee.

Madison isn't really less of a city and more of a college town, which means plenty of clubs/bars/music/places to eat and assorted other activities, all within 15 miles or less. If there aren't too many folk, could host the hang-out central, with a kitchen, grill, TV, movies, video games and all that fun home-based stuff. There are several hotels within a handful of miles where you people can crash with two beds for about $70-80ish a night.

Milwaukee, where it was held last year, is a cool big old city and has all the big city things and activities, including a nice variety of brew pubs. If here, we'd likely go for what we did last year, rooms at the Mariott TownPlace Suites which are fairly affordable. (prices are from a randomly selected march weekend, so my change) $70 a night for a studio, $80 for a 1 bedroom and $100 for a 2 bedroom. They have kitchenettes and are fairly sizeable. Get a 2 bedroom, one per bed and one in the "livingroom" that breaks it down to $33 a person per night. Downside is that this is pretty far from downtown. If we went downtown, look probably double this rate.

So, discuss it amongst yourself. We've got plenty of time.

mansa

Wisconsin 2006
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2005, 08:35:08 PM »
Quote from: "j0ram"
Milwaukee, where it was held last year

Two years ago.

You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

j0ram

Wisconsin 2006
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2005, 08:39:49 PM »
Quote from: "mansa"
Quote from: "j0ram"
Milwaukee, where it was held last year

Two years ago.

Last year. June 11-13 2004.

Dummy.

Cyrian20

Wisconsin 2006
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2005, 08:46:40 PM »
OWNED!!!

Now you got Mansa mad... it was nice knowing you.

buzz

Wisconsin 2006
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2005, 09:04:06 PM »
Either place is fine with me.  The Town Suites thingy is really nice, the less you have to spend on a room, the more you can spend on booze and stuff, right?  Just realize that there is a 15 min drive to get downtown from there.  Not too horrible.  There will probably be some decent booze floating around the "party room."
We all become what we pretend to be.  -Rothfuss

Delirium

• Helper
Wisconsin 2006
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2005, 09:07:48 PM »
One of these days, I will be able to afford an APM.

Unfortunately it is not any day soon.
"There are no happy endings, because nothing ends." - Schmendrick

Irulan

Wisconsin 2006
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2005, 09:12:18 PM »
I will put forth a vote for Milwaukee, it is a bit closer for us and we have a relative that lives there, so it would also be cheaper for us.

I've never been to Madison before, and would be interested in going to see what all the hubub is about.

I'll also put forth a vote for sometime in April, because our schedule is lighter then.
Mal: "Well they tell you: never hit a man with a closed fist. But it is, on occasion, hilarious."
---
Inara: "Thank you for the wine. It's very... fresh."

Mal: "To Kaylee, and her inter-engine fermentation system.”

Eniriah

• Legend
    • Eniriah's Web Page
Wisconsin 2006
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2005, 09:34:41 PM »
"Old people" - ffft.  I'll be sure to bring my reading glasses and cane, so I can see Mansa well enough to kick his butt for the old people comment  :wink:

Count me as interested, definitely.
"Change is not inspired without risk.." - Eniriah

j0ram

Wisconsin 2006
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2005, 10:26:00 PM »
Quote from: "Eniriah"
"Old people" - ffft.  I'll be sure to bring my reading glasses and cane, so I can see Mansa well enough to kick his butt for the old people comment  :wink:

I'll hold him down.

House Rising Sun

Wisconsin 2006
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2005, 01:38:13 AM »
I'm in. I don't care where.  I mean, I do care wehre./

bu ruck ut, what's monye for anyway? po

Mandison sounds alright. If it's aftter february of 2006, it's better for me.
Dig?

mansa

Wisconsin 2006
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2005, 05:35:23 PM »
Quote from: "House Rising Sun"
I'm in. I don't care where.  I mean, I do care wehre./

bu ruck ut, what's monye for anyway? po

Mandison sounds alright. If it's aftter february of 2006, it's better for me.

At 1:38 A.M. sounds like someone's drunk!

Scarborough

Wisconsin 2006
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2005, 01:01:52 PM »
I'm in the Fox Valley.  I would go to either but personally I prefer Madison.  It's the same distance for me to go to either, and I would come and have a visit.  Wow, didn't realize there were that many from Wisconsin.  Did I read a bunch of "old" people, huh?  Good, then I'll be among like company.

Edit:  Oh, forgot to add.  It would matter to me about housing.  Odds are I'd come for part of a day.  I work weekends in my field so it would depend on the weekend and how many gigs I had scheduled.  Sundays are usually pretty open though.

Scarborough
es, Narnia, the film that teaches kids that Jesus is a lion that kills people by biting them in the face...

path

• they fight crime
Wisconsin 2006
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2005, 03:50:23 PM »
If we're in Madison I will have a place to sleep between flights which will greatly increase the chances of me joining all of you, but either way I'll make some sort of effort.
Do you kill your sparring partners once they are useless to you, so that you are king?

Dracul

• FB
Wisconsin 2006
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2005, 03:55:30 PM »
I'd be alot more likely to show up at madison, it's only about a halfhours drive from green bay (my town) and I might be working down there.

Although, I've barely even been playing arm much lately, so uh, yeah.
Veteran Newbie

j0ram

Wisconsin 2006
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2005, 02:30:19 AM »
Quote from: "Dracul"
I'd be alot more likely to show up at madison, it's only about a halfhours drive from green bay (my town) and I might be working down there.

Although, I've barely even been playing arm much lately, so uh, yeah.

As much as I'm all for doing it in Madison, since like, having a decent sized apartment to hang out in vs a tiny hotel room is, well, nice...

Uhh..

Greenbay is like 190 miles from Madison. you're actually a bit closer to Milwaukee.

Dracul

• FB
Wisconsin 2006
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2005, 02:32:14 AM »
Madison.
Madison.

Now...what the fuck made me think manitowoc?

I'm gonna go be dumb somewhere else for a little while...yeah...I uh...mean milwuakee....
Veteran Newbie

Scarborough

Wisconsin 2006
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2005, 03:44:05 PM »
Heh.. yeah I was thinking "half hour drive from Green Bay??  How fast do they drive?"  :P
es, Narnia, the film that teaches kids that Jesus is a lion that kills people by biting them in the face...