Weather

Started by Sanvean, September 15, 2005, 08:00:58 PM

Quote from: Riya OniSenshi on June 13, 2013, 05:01:42 PM
Or it could have been that, but I know the spam-bot did it to several threads before it got Nyrred.

Really, though, one shouldn't necro a thread that is eight years old... A new thread with a link would have been a better idea.

I'll take that advice, but why wouldn't you resurrect an old thread?
How is it better to instead make clutter with a new one?
I'm just curious not serious, but I would like to know why one is better than the other.
This is a viable topic that needed expanded on imo regardless of the original post time.

Unpredictable weather is part of the game and it would be nice if there was some form of weather prediction for certain guilds and subguilds.   Maybe even make the harshest storms even harsher.  Doing damage to the character.  If there is some level of prediction then you should have adequate means to stay out of the weather.   
I proposed the possibility of a weather buffer to allow it to still be random while allowing coded predictability.
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

One major reason is that if a thread is old enough, some of the ideas or positions are form posters that are not around to explain/elaborate/defend their posts.

In this particular thread it looks like a good number of people that posted are still around, however.

It can be a rather tactical decision to make, but remember that necromancy is never looked upon warmly in almost any situation.

And I think that a few years ago staff reduced the harshness of storms due to bitching... Or maybe just storms around Red Storm, but I'm pretty sure I recall an announcement about that. Then with the introduction of the Direction Sense, there was more bitching about the harshness of weather.

Prediction of weather would be interesting, but I'm not going to hold out for it personally.
Like a lithium flower, about to bloom.

Quote from: Riya OniSenshi on June 13, 2013, 10:35:53 PM
It can be a rather tactical decision to make, but remember that necromancy is never looked upon warmly in almost any situation.

In my experience staff doesn't give a shit either way. Only other posters bring this weird negativity from other forums in for some reason.

Quote from: bcw81 on June 13, 2013, 12:17:36 PM
I can tell you the weather in Red Storm just by the scent of a tregil's arse at high noon.

It's storming.
What do they smell like earlier in the day?
At your table, the XXXXXXXX templar says in sirihish, echoing:
     "Everyone is SAFE in His Walls."

Yeah I'm not holding my breath either, I just thought it would be neat.
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!