rooms

Started by assassin, January 14, 2003, 02:00:00 PM

While I'm not on staff, I can say with confidence that room size varies.

For instance, within the city you could walk 50 rooms to get to one side to the other, while outside the city, it might only take 5 rooms of traveling along the outer wall to get from one side to the other.

A single room can represent a small closet, a huge banquet hall or a large, wide open space in the desert.
iva La Resistance!
<Miee> The Helper Death Commando is right.

Fedaykin is correct; rooms vary widely in terms of size. In the Red Desert, it may represent miles of territory; in the city, a distance ten cords by ten cords. The description should give you some idea.

I also think that the movemnt penalty has some correlation to how big a "room" is.

Quote from: "Plazgoth"I also think that the movemnt penalty has some correlation to how big a "room" is.

I always thought the movement penalty was more indicative of the terrain than size.

The movement penalty is based on the sector of the room.  There's about 14-15 different sector types, last time I looked.

So like.. there might be a "Rocky outdoor" sector, that takes a long time, because of being rocky and outdoor, and "Rocky indoor" like a cave, which takes less time than outdoor, because it's indoor, but more time than the city because it's rocky. That's my guess anyway, applying to all types of places you can think of.